300 Blackout magazines

You can only post guns and ammo for sale or links to guns and ammo here, in the classified section, or in a dealer/manufacturer area.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

VENT625
Silent But Deadly

Re: 300 Blackout magazines

Post by VENT625 »

Desert scrub wrote:There are 300blk specific mags that are slightly different in the front ribs depth. D&H makes them so they do exist. Are they necessary? Not really, just file down the rib in the pmags a little or use Lancer mags, problem solved.
I have 3 of the D&H Mags that are 300blk specific but prefer my Pmags. I have never had an issue with anything except my 20rd pmag with 300blk.
I was unaware of those, thanks for the info!!!
"Trust me...I know what I'm doing."

Doc Lott

Post by Doc Lott »

THX everyone for your help !!!

Hadn't used this forum before, it was a good experience !!
dustyroads

Post by dustyroads »

From what I've heard only run gen 3 and up pmags or you can have problems. i have been running gen 3 20 rnd pmags and haven't had a problem at all. i run them to make sure i don't shove them in my 5.56 rifle i use 30 rounders in.
"You knocked my teeth out!" "Well colt makes a heavy firearm. That's a fact"
rick458

Post by rick458 »

I ran into issues with new Lancer L5 mags, I have had rounds pop out the top when Seating a 30 rd and when handling a 20 rd
I swapped ALL my Lancer mags into .458S duty, and use my C Products for 300blk, New Pmags (or at least rev M) work very well.
I like having dedicated mags per ammo just for visual ID of 5.56 (P Mag), 300blk (NOW C Products SS) and .458 SOCOM (Lancer L5s)
Semper Fi My Brothers
RDA
Silent But Deadly

Post by RDA »

dustyroads wrote:From what I've heard only run gen 3 and up pmags or you can have problems. i have been running gen 3 20 rnd pmags and haven't had a problem at all. i run them to make sure i don't shove them in my 5.56 rifle i use 30 rounders in.
I just got done reading some other posts to avoid Gen 3 PMAGs and avoid 20 round PMAGs...go figure.
certifiable
Silent But Deadly

Post by certifiable »

RDA wrote:
dustyroads wrote:From what I've heard only run gen 3 and up pmags or you can have problems. i have been running gen 3 20 rnd pmags and haven't had a problem at all. i run them to make sure i don't shove them in my 5.56 rifle i use 30 rounders in.
I just got done reading some other posts to avoid Gen 3 PMAGs and avoid 20 round PMAGs...go figure.
My 300 doesn't like the gen3 Pmags either. Some have reported that putting a gen 2 follower in the gen3's resolves feeding issues. No problems here with Lancer, Troy, Colt or gen2 Pmags.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.
If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."

Abraham Lincoln
dustyroads

Post by dustyroads »

certifiable wrote:
RDA wrote:
My 300 doesn't like the gen3 Pmags either. Some have reported that putting a gen 2 follower in the gen3's resolves feeding issues. No problems here with Lancer, Troy, Colt or gen2 Pmags.

That's funny. I haven't had a single issue. Goes to show everyone's rifle is a little different.
"You knocked my teeth out!" "Well colt makes a heavy firearm. That's a fact"
IMGrunt
Silent But Deadly

Post by IMGrunt »

Funny...before I picked up some 20rd Gen 3 PMags for bench shooting, I was using 20rd steel mags I traded for from a Philippine Marine in 1990 out at Red Beach, Zambales...made in P.I. Not a single malfunction.
"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion." -- Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army
Piep
Silent But Deadly

Post by Piep »

I had nothing but problems with 20rd P-mags. Will not feed, just hangs up.
The gen 2, 30 rounders are ok but the best that I have used so far is the colt 30rd mags.
Never tried the Lancers yet.
There's a time for compromise. It's called later.

Politically Correct;
A term used for Whiny, overly sensitive Pansies
who need everything Sugar- Coated for them.
sniiped

Post by sniiped »

Piep wrote:I had nothing but problems with 20rd P-mags. Will not feed, just hangs up.
The gen 2, 30 rounders are ok but the best that I have used so far is the colt 30rd mags.
Never tried the Lancers yet.
never had an issue with the 20rd pmags. it's always run great.