300 Blackout reloading made easy

You can only post guns and ammo for sale or links to guns and ammo here, in the classified section, or in a dealer/manufacturer area.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

gsiintl
Senior Silent Operator

300 Blackout reloading made easy

Post by gsiintl »

Introducing the GSI International 300 blackout trimming kit.
We make this kit to work for the RL550 and XL650 reloading machine.

check out the video on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8k6GAwiFMvM

check out our website for more info
http://www.gsiinternational.com/

NEW!!!
1050 Toolhead for trimming 300 Blackout.

550 Guys we've got you covered.
Check out our replacement Trimmer Blade. This blade has a chip breaker built into the insert to help reduce all the long stringy brass shavings.
Last edited by gsiintl on Tue May 19, 2015 1:24 am, edited 4 times in total.
Anthony
GSI International

www.gsiinternational.com
6925 W. Frye Rd.
Chandler, AZ 85226
dead-bird
Silent But Deadly

Re: 300 Blackout reloading made easy

Post by dead-bird »

And if all I need is a Trim Die?
gsiintl
Senior Silent Operator

Post by gsiintl »

We can sell you that also. I have not got it up on the site yet but it will be soon. Call in and talk with Beau he will get you set up with a trim die.
Anthony
GSI International

www.gsiinternational.com
6925 W. Frye Rd.
Chandler, AZ 85226
RDA
Silent But Deadly

Post by RDA »

So, you need two power trimmers, one for the rough die and one for the trim die? And the vacuum attachment only serves one of the dies (e.g., the rough die)?
gsiintl
Senior Silent Operator

Post by gsiintl »

That's a good question.

Really only one power trimmer is needed. If you don't want to disassemble anything you could use two, but it is not necessary. If you wanted to go that route you would also need to buy an extra tool head. That way you could leave everything all set up. I use it just the way we sell it.

The one tool head works for both dies, so you will not need to buy any kind of extra vacuum attachments. I run my prepped 223 brass through the rough die. This die does just that, it rough's the length and preforms the neck. The roughed brass is about .1 long. I don't really even measure anything at this point. Maybe just an initial check to make sure its about .1 long. The way it's designed you should not be able to mess it up in roughing. Once I have all the roughed brass I need, I then remove the power trimmer from the die and remove the die from the tool head. At this point I can install the finish trim die and start making my adjustments using a case gauge.

I have attached an image to show the way the brass will look at the different steps.

let me know if you have any other questions

Anthony
GSI International

www.gsiinternational.com
6925 W. Frye Rd.
Chandler, AZ 85226
RDA
Silent But Deadly

Post by RDA »

gsiintl wrote:That's a good question.

Really only one power trimmer is needed. If you don't want to disassemble anything you could use two, but it is not necessary. If you wanted to go that route you would also need to buy an extra tool head. That way you could leave everything all set up. I use it just the way we sell it.

The one tool head works for both dies, so you will not need to buy any kind of extra vacuum attachments. I run my prepped 223 brass through the rough die. This die does just that, it rough's the length and preforms the neck. The roughed brass is about .1 long. I don't really even measure anything at this point. Maybe just an initial check to make sure its about .1 long. The way it's designed you should not be able to mess it up in roughing. Once I have all the roughed brass I need, I then remove the power trimmer from the die and remove the die from the tool head. At this point I can install the finish trim die and start making my adjustments using a case gauge.

I have attached an image to show the way the brass will look at the different steps.

let me know if you have any other questions
I see, so you have to run them through the process two times for finished converted brass, once through the rough die (and trimmer) and then again through the trim die (and trimmer). I was originally thinking one tool head with both dies mounted (e.g., the rough in station #3 and the trim in station #5).
gsiintl
Senior Silent Operator

Post by gsiintl »

That is correct 2 times through the 650 or 550 will give you converted brass. We thought about trying to put the two trimmers on the 650 but that tool head is just to small.
Anthony
GSI International

www.gsiinternational.com
6925 W. Frye Rd.
Chandler, AZ 85226
Abiqua
Silent But Deadly

Post by Abiqua »

How much is it for the whole set up as pictured?
gsiintl
Senior Silent Operator

Post by gsiintl »

This kit sells for 149.99 at GSI International follow this link http://www.gsiinternational.com/300-Bla ... _8644.html
Anthony
GSI International

www.gsiinternational.com
6925 W. Frye Rd.
Chandler, AZ 85226
Abiqua
Silent But Deadly

Post by Abiqua »

So the kit includes the tool head. The description just mentions the dies.