Aftermarket Honey Badger'ish Compact Stock

You can only post guns and ammo for sale or links to guns and ammo here, in the classified section, or in a dealer/manufacturer area.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Outsydlooknin
Silent But Deadly

Re: Aftermarket Honey Badger'ish Compact Stock

Post by Outsydlooknin »

Someone send me one and let me play with it and some kydex and I might be able to build a piece of kydex that would make for a better cheek weld.
VENT625
Silent But Deadly

Post by VENT625 »

Here's mine.

"Trust me...I know what I'm doing."

BlogSarge
Silent But Deadly

Post by BlogSarge »

ridesdirt wrote:can you take a picture of where it is rubbing?
Don't have a pic handy, but it is on the right side, just forward of where the stock's rods come out of the stock's slide holes and where the lower has a slight taper from the extension tube opening down to a smaller width. It is very slight; just enough to leave a faint mark.
68Guy
Silent But Deadly

Post by 68Guy »

VENT625 wrote: ... I went with a 16" AR Stoner barrel, with a Nordic Componenets handguard and a Kinetitech barrel shroud. Was going to do the SBR thing, decided not to. I have no interest in supression, so no can. I post pics when its done.
Hey Vent - what was your intent then for this rather odd stock if you are going with a reasonably long barrel? Basically what I mean is this "uncomfortable" stock was really meant to make the shortest SBR possible so if you have a 16" barrel, what does this do for you? Not flaming by any means but curious?
Retired USAFR, NRA Life Member, NSSF, IDPA Range Safety Officer, GSSF member. Multiple ARs including 5.56 M4, 6.8 SPC II and suppressed 300BLK 8" SBR.
VENT625
Silent But Deadly

Post by VENT625 »

I was going to SBR it........fired a friends SBR after I bought it and decided I don't like SBR's. So I built it with a 16" barrel.
"Trust me...I know what I'm doing."

keith13b
Senior Silent Operator

Post by keith13b »

BlogSarge wrote: On the later two, the stock rod rubbed on the right side of the lower.

I gotta admit, though, it has some serious cool going for it.
I was wanting to get one myself, but two things stopped me.

1) The price: $400 (then you have you pay and extra $45-$50 customs duty to receive the shipment since it's coming from Canada.
2) I heard multiple complaints about the rubbing. Some were very bad and some minor. So I was waiting for the price to drop a little and for any kinks to get worked out. I forget which forum I read it on, but someone replaced the rods completely and solved their own problem. But I don't feel I should have to fix a brand new $450 stock.

But...uhh. Still think its cool, and I want one.

EDIT: Looks like you have to buy through a US distributer now - just went back to their website. Gotta find out how must it costs to buy domestically.
MosquitoArms
Silent But Deadly

Post by MosquitoArms »

mj36639 wrote:
Suputin221 wrote:NEA was in the process of making a deal for Troy to produce and market the CCS stock in the US when Troy decided they liked the idea of the stock but didn't like the idea of actually paying the people who designed it. So they stole the design.

Doesn't surprise me. Troy industries are all around scum bags.

Par for the course for Troy Industries. I've heard that their business hierarchy is based on who's killed the most unarmed civilians. They certainly do their best to recruit the worst and dumbest.