Fiocchi ammo

You can only post guns and ammo for sale or links to guns and ammo here, in the classified section, or in a dealer/manufacturer area.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

SomeOtherGuy
Senior Silent Operator

Re: Fiocchi ammo

Post by SomeOtherGuy »

Very glad to see this finally on the market, and looking forward to reviews.

I'm noticing a stated velocity of a rather leisurely 1925fps with the 150gr FMJ, compared to some brands claiming a still somewhat leisurely 2000fps for similar bullets. I'm definitely getting the sense that 110-125gr bullets are the best supersonic option.
|||Honey Badger is my co-pilot, God has overwatch.|||
avant4me
Silent Operator

Post by avant4me »

Just ordered a package of 50 for my 10.5" pistol setup.
We'll see how it does, I've had really good luck with their shotgun ammo. First try for rifle stuff
ScarymanMB

Post by ScarymanMB »

Does anyone know if the bullet is bi-metal or copper jacketed lead?
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

I assume it is copper-jacketed lead. Why would it not be?
ScarymanMB

Post by ScarymanMB »

A large percentage of the 147 grain if not all of it and some of the 150 grain I am aware of is s bi-metal. If they are using military bullets, it is most likely bi-metal.

I just need someone with the ammo and a good magnet to check it out for me.

Mike
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

I have some N48 Neodymium magnets and will check tomorrow.
ScarymanMB

Post by ScarymanMB »

Reply from Fiocchi regarding bullet composition follows:

Thanks for your positive comments. We are proud to support 300 AAC BLK and plan on offering more loadings in the future-hunting, defense, subsonic, match, etc.

We realize that the 150 FMJBT may not be the optimum bullet of choice for 300 Blackout but we choose to use it in our item #300BLKC in our Shooting Dynamics line because it allows us to deliver an economical training round with better availability when compared to many of the purpose-built 300BLK bullets.

The bullets that we use are copper jacketed lead core with no steel or bimetal. They are non-magnetic.
All Fiocchi ammo is loaded with non corrosive boxer primers and reloadable brass (common questions).
Our 300BLK ammo is loaded at our factory in Ozark, MO and we’re making it as fast as we can.
We appreciate your support.

Good Shooting,
Troy Potter
Fiocchi Customer Service
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

ScarymanMB wrote:Thanks for your positive comments. We are proud to support 300 AAC BLK and plan on offering more loadings in the future-hunting, defense, subsonic, match, etc.
Hell, yeah!!! 8)
ScarymanMB wrote:We realize that the 150 FMJBT may not be the optimum bullet of choice for 300 Blackout but we choose to use it in our item #300BLKC in our Shooting Dynamics line because it allows us to deliver an economical training round with better availability when compared to many of the purpose-built 300BLK bullets.
Wow. Knowledge AND honesty.
ScarymanMB wrote:Our 300BLK ammo is loaded at our factory in Ozark, MO and we’re making it as fast as we can.
We appreciate your support.

Good Shooting,
Troy Potter
Fiocchi Customer Service
Another, Hell, yeah!!! 8)
"Common sense should be rebranded as uncommon practical knowledge of things you should know.”-nolwark76
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

I used an N48 super powerful magnet (N54 is the most powerful available) and there was no reaction.

Headstamp:

ScarymanMB

Post by ScarymanMB »

Thanks 300blk.

That is consistent with what Fiocchi said in their reply to my email, as posted above. They were very responsive, after posting here I thought for the fun if it I would send them an email with the same question. A positive for customer service to say the least.

Thanks again

Mike