KAK INDUSTRY ITEMS

You can only post guns and ammo for sale or links to guns and ammo here, in the classified section, or in a dealer/manufacturer area.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

kakindustry
Silent But Deadly

Re: KAK INDUSTRY ITEMS

Post by kakindustry »

TJ's new video showcasing both the 9.0 and 8.2 blackouts, his opinion on the differences between them, including chrono tests. Well worth the watch..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_KNGRt ... redirect=1
bow42

Post by bow42 »

First I want to say, I just made 2 orders in the past week and shipping has been very fast and customer service is top notch! The question I have is, I put together an AR last night and used a Mag Tactical Systems lower and a KAK lower parts kit. I am having issues with the take down pins being stuck in the close and open position (I have to use a punch to lightly tap them in and out) also the front one doesn't stick out far enough to be able to push it out. The safety selector does not have positive click into place moving both ways and doesn't sit straight up when on fire (it does engage the safe and fire function at least). Any suggestions to help fix these would be appriciated! I am testing the gun this weekend to make sure it works OK.
wjm308

Post by wjm308 »

bow42 wrote:First I want to say, I just made 2 orders in the past week and shipping has been very fast and customer service is top notch! The question I have is, I put together an AR last night and used a Mag Tactical Systems lower and a KAK lower parts kit. I am having issues with the take down pins being stuck in the close and open position (I have to use a punch to lightly tap them in and out) also the front one doesn't stick out far enough to be able to push it out. The safety selector does not have positive click into place moving both ways and doesn't sit straight up when on fire (it does engage the safe and fire function at least). Any suggestions to help fix these would be appriciated! I am testing the gun this weekend to make sure it works OK.
bow42, I have the KAK LPK's as well and have noticed the same thing, though I have to admit that I have had these types of issues with other LPK's and the only take down pins that I've got to work buttery smooth are the ones on my LMT rifles. That being said, I think part of the problem with fresh springs, plungers and pins is they haven't been worn in yet. A couple things come to mind, the plunger may be too sharp and sticking inside the dimple in the takedown pin, you might try rubbing it lightly with a fine file and rounding it out a little more, but do this in very small increments because if you go too far you'll be buying another plunger. Also, on my billet lowers, they have a tiny set screw for the rear takedown pin spring, because of this the stock spring is too tight and I cut off about an 1/8" of the spring to account for the greater tension created by the set screw.

I also wanted to give Kurt with KAK huge kudos for his fantastic products and fantastic customer support. I've bought a number of different items from him over the past months and he has helped out with some issues I was having with short stroke with subsonic ammo and no suppressor with the 9" 300BLK barrel he offers. He went above and beyond in regard to helping me solve the issue. Thank you Kurt!

Bill
kakindustry
Silent But Deadly

Post by kakindustry »

BOW42, yes id would agree with WJM308's comments about the detents, they are all a little rough when first put in, some things i have done to help things along is use some good sticky grease in the track of the pin when you put it together and really 200 times in and out over time should break them in.. As far as the front pin sticking out far enough i don't know what to say on that one, we make the pins to the real mil drawings and every once in awhile you hear something similar to what you said but it's usually variances in the ear thickness of the receiver or the location of the detent hole compared to where the pin bottoms out? i can provide you a drawing for the lower if you want to check the ears or the pin and see which might be off ? the safety being vertical same problem, sometimes the selector can by make a little funny but it's rare, usually the issue is the selector detent hole is not on centerline with the selector hole itself, this caused the detent to grab the hole off center and can make the selector sit at 6:30 or 5:30 depending. But as you noted it looks funny but usually works just fine. sticking a gauge pin through the selector detent hole with the selector removed and measuring the distance from the pin to the edge of the selector through hole will tell you if that detent hole is on center.. just some thoughts but it sounds like function wise you are up and running, if you decide that you want to go another direction with your LPK im always willing to take a return and attempt to make things right.. Kurt
kakindustry
Silent But Deadly

Post by kakindustry »

also guys not a blk but you might enjoy this a lower cost ammo alternative 30 cal barrel..

Our new 11.0 inch 7.62x39 carbine barrel is ready to ship. This one turned out really nice and should be a big hit!

http://www.kakindustry.com/kak-76239-st ... ess-barrel

bow42

Post by bow42 »

Thanks for the advice guys! I'm not too worried about it as long as it works fine and like you said it could be the lower that's off. I will butt it up against my other mil lower and compare the ears. Other than that as long as everything checks out this weekend I'm satisfied. Thanks for the quick reply!
wjm308

Post by wjm308 »

bow42 wrote:Thanks for the advice guys! I'm not too worried about it as long as it works fine and like you said it could be the lower that's off. I will butt it up against my other mil lower and compare the ears. Other than that as long as everything checks out this weekend I'm satisfied. Thanks for the quick reply!
bow42, as Kurt mentioned 200x of cycling will probably break them in pretty well. The one thing you don't want is for the pins to be too loose and fall out during a competition or life threatening situation, I'd rather have a "sticky" pin rather than loose. DPMS makes a handy little plastic takedown pin punch that can help out as well, I have several of those lying around, or you can do like we did in the military and use the pointy end of the bullet ;). In regard to the safety lever, the first few turns were sticky but after about 5-10 flips of the switch it smoothed out nicely.
bow42

Post by bow42 »

Just got back from the range and everything operated just fine (well except for it FTE every round!). I am satisfied, now I just have to get this thing running reliably.
bow42

Post by bow42 »

I've been working with the pins and they seem to be working better and I did measure the leaf on the front pin of the lower and it is slightly bigger than my other mil spec lower. I forgot to mention that my trigger is not resetting either. I have to push it for word to get it to reset. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
kakindustry
Silent But Deadly

Post by kakindustry »

bow42 wrote:I've been working with the pins and they seem to be working better and I did measure the leaf on the front pin of the lower and it is slightly bigger than my other mil spec lower. I forgot to mention that my trigger is not resetting either. I have to push it for word to get it to reset. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

take the disconnector out and rub it on a stone or file on both sides to take out any burrs or high spots..