300 BLK Tavor

You can only post guns and ammo for sale or links to guns and ammo here, in the classified section, or in a dealer/manufacturer area.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

fstbk65

Re: 300 BLK Tavor

Post by fstbk65 »

Siberian wrote:Trigger problem may be solved:
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/0 ... r-triggers
They aren't shipping yet. They claim it will be late March before they start. Some websites are even letting you buy them without stating that they won't be shipped so people are getting upset.
mrgein
Silent But Deadly

Post by mrgein »

+1
dillon 650xl
AAC 16" upper
AAC NiB full auto BCG
Raptor CH
KAC URX3.1 13.5"
Ambush lower
Geissele SSA trigger
Savvy Sniper Quad Dual QD sling
IMR 4227
Hornady Custom Dies
certifiable
Silent But Deadly

Post by certifiable »

Did the trigger fix to mine after my first outing and I must say that removing the second reset spring made an appreciable difference. The nice thing about the tavor is that the trigger components are metal, not plastic so they have a nice feel to them. I bought the tavor because I was tired of waiting for the Sig mpx-c and the coming 300 blackout conversion saves me from building a whole nother AR.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.
If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."

Abraham Lincoln
mrgein
Silent But Deadly

Post by mrgein »

i thought it was a huge headache to get subs and supers to cycle properly/reliably in a piston platform with 300BO, is this not the case?
i would imagine it would just take fine tuning each load for the weapon. not that thats much different from now. just wanting to clarify.
dillon 650xl
AAC 16" upper
AAC NiB full auto BCG
Raptor CH
KAC URX3.1 13.5"
Ambush lower
Geissele SSA trigger
IMR 4227
Hornady Custom Dies
jryock
Silent But Deadly

Post by jryock »

mrgein wrote:i thought it was a huge headache to get subs and supers to cycle properly/reliably in a piston platform with 300BO, is this not the case?
i would imagine it would just take fine tuning each load for the weapon. not that thats much different from now. just wanting to clarify.
A piston 300BLK is more than possible. I believe that SIG Sauer and a few other big names have 300BLK piston guns now. However, I do think that the DI system is more forgiving as far as the "set it and forget it"; my AAC 9-inch DI upper runs all four configurations without touching anything.

IMHO... the reason the DI system was used on AAC's development upper was that it provided a drop in replacement to enhance the MK18 platform for subsonic use, but then you can swap magazines to match (and exceed) the 7.62x39 Soviet when/if things decided to get loud or some distance was needed.
mrgein
Silent But Deadly

Post by mrgein »

jryock wrote:
mrgein wrote:i thought it was a huge headache to get subs and supers to cycle properly/reliably in a piston platform with 300BO, is this not the case?
A piston 300BLK is more than possible. I believe that SIG Sauer and a few other big names have 300BLK piston guns now. However, I do think that the DI system is more forgiving as far as the "set it and forget it"; my AAC 9-inch DI upper runs all four configurations without touching anything.

IMHO... the reason the DI system was used on AAC's development upper was that it provided a drop in replacement to enhance the MK18 platform for subsonic use, but then you can swap magazines to match (and exceed) the 7.62x39 Soviet when/if things decided to get loud or some distance was needed.
how is the mk18 lower any different than any other? and why would it require a DI upper? why couldnt they throw on a piston upper just as easily?
dillon 650xl
AAC 16" upper
AAC NiB full auto BCG
Raptor CH
KAC URX3.1 13.5"
Ambush lower
Geissele SSA trigger
IMR 4227
Hornady Custom Dies
Zeus

Post by Zeus »

Anything new on this? Have a T&E Tavor for my Agency and we are pretty excited about it. Me personally preferring 300 blk, a conversion sounds sweeter still.
A-Game
Silent But Deadly

Post by A-Game »

I think buying just a barrel from IWI would be more expensive than just having a barrel made.
Could be faster too ;)
Industry Pro Staff for Dynamic Research Technologies When One Shot is All You Get www.drtammo.com https://www.facebook.com/drtammo/
Join the Revolution http://youtube.com/watch?v=3_Xnx3BFuLk