Lyman dies

You can only post guns and ammo for sale or links to guns and ammo here, in the classified section, or in a dealer/manufacturer area.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Wrxkyle

Re: Lyman dies

Post by Wrxkyle »

I've had very bad luck with these dies, and Lyman warranty is probably the worst out of the major die manufacturers. 1 year and you're sol.

rust, rust everywhere. mind you these were stored the same way in the same place (closet in my appt in austin, tx, air conditioned). the die bodies and interiors are rusting up.

stuck cases. the re-sizing die has caused a lot of issues with stuck cases, I've given up on it. mind you these were once fired, cleaned, and well lubed. re-sizing was also VERY difficult, much more-so than it should have been.

imho i would stay away and look to lee, hornady, rcbs, etc...
Mako181
Senior Silent Operator

Re: Lyman dies

Post by Mako181 »

Only speaking from my experience. I have 14 sets of Lyman Dies with the oldest purchased in 1979 in Kodiak Alaska, the newest set was purchased in 2003 while here in NE NC. With only normal care and storage I have had no problems with corrosion what so ever, I've never had a problem with a stuck case unless I forgot to lube it. Every cartridge is within spec. They rank right there with RCBS, Hornady, Redding etc. Would buy again at anytime.