CVA Scout rifle to be available in March at Academy stores

You can only post guns and ammo for sale or links to guns and ammo here, in the classified section, or in a dealer/manufacturer area.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

wganz

CVA Scout rifle to be available in March at Academy stores

Post by wganz »

The CVA Scout rifle will be available in the first part of March in the Academy Sports store in the Plano, Texas.
Talked to a 'Chris' at the gun counter that looked up the stocking information up on the store's computer.
He said that the projected price will be $299 which would be ~$325 out the door.
Their stock level will be two rifles in 300 BLK for that store. So, there will be on the rack and another in the box.

From CVA's web site.
http://www.cva.com/Scout-Rifle-from-CVA.php
Specs given are:
416 Stainless Steel
22” Standard Fluted Barrels
1:10" Twist

Reversible Hammer Spur
5.8 lbs. Total Weight
38” Overall Length
14” Length of Pull in Standard

With that twist rate, it will be basically a replacement for the .30-30.
Let's look at the bright side of it, it gets more people into the 300 BLK game which brings down the overall cost for everyone.

ETA: Edited to include word missed on original post.
300Blk
Site Admin

Re: CVA Scout rifle to be available in March at Academy stor

Post by 300Blk »

CVA claims a 16.5 inch threaded barrel ready for a suppressor on their website. I think the 22 inch is just for other cartridges.

1:10 twist means no 220 grain subsonic...

But, 300 BLK supersonic is interesting to me, and it is possible to make subsonic for a 1:10. And it is possible they are using a faster twist but are not listing it on their website.

I shot a 30-30 as a kid and the recoil was too much for me. 300 BLK solves that.
bowtex
Senior Silent Operator

Post by bowtex »

I work for academy we were supposed to get them last August and they kept backing them up on the order I have been watching them after seeing we were going to carry them. I will try to check with the company buyer tomorrow and see if he can confirm this date as long as cva can ship on time.
bowtex
Senior Silent Operator

Post by bowtex »

Also the model we will have (if we ever get them) is blued and a 16.5in barrel and threaded. And expect about a week or so after the date he told you cause that date is when the DC is supposed to get them.
wookie
Silent Operator

Post by wookie »

Thanks for the updates and keep them coming!!
wganz

Post by wganz »

300Blk wrote:CVA claims a 16.5 inch threaded barrel ready for a suppressor on their website. I think the 22 inch is just for other cartridges.
<SNIP/>
I DIDN'T CATCH THAT!
OH YEAH!!
At that price point, how can you not get one? :!: :?:
bowtex
Senior Silent Operator

Post by bowtex »

Well I double checked the computer last night and I show a PO date of 02/18/13 for right now that might change. I haven't had a chance to talk with the buyer to find out for sure. The only downside I see right now is they now have it listed as a 18.5 barrel instead of the 16.5 still I don't think it will be to bad I will definitely be waiting for one to show up at my store and it will go home with me
wganz

Post by wganz »

bowtex wrote:Well I double checked the computer last night and I show a PO date of 02/18/13 for right now that might change. I haven't had a chance to talk with the buyer to find out for sure. The only downside I see right now is they now have it listed as a 18.5 barrel instead of the 16.5 still I don't think it will be to bad I will definitely be waiting for one to show up at my store and it will go home with me
I would appreciate it if you could check to see if Academy is also getting the Scout pistols in also and a projected price. Would like to get both a .357 and 300 BLK versions if so.

Do appreciate the effort.
bowtex
Senior Silent Operator

Post by bowtex »

OK my computer shows that the DC got the shipment in and they are getting ready to ship to the stores I have one on the way to my store if you want to check your local store ask the to check and see if its in transit you can give them this sku to look it up with 22568588..
PesticusEradicus

Post by PesticusEradicus »

From Katy to West El Paso there are 8 rifles being shipped, according to my local store's firearms manager.

There are another 40 in the disti center waiting to be released. How many stores will share these?