New 300blk scope from pfi (pride fowler industries)

You can only post guns and ammo for sale or links to guns and ammo here, in the classified section, or in a dealer/manufacturer area.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Wrxkyle

New 300blk scope from pfi (pride fowler industries)

Post by Wrxkyle »

Just got an email from pfi after inquiring about their discontinued rr-22-1 scope(now being replaced by a better one as well) and they are actually coming out with 3 new ffp scopes with their ranging reticles!

The 300blk evolution scope is a 1-4 ar cqb for factor scope with triple illumination and wind/range holdovers with rapid ranging and holdovers for both supers and subs. Much nicer than the up and coming prostaff it would seem and much cheaper than the leupolds.

The info is in pdf form and i don't know how to post it but i'd gladly forward the email to someone willing to figure out how to post them.

"tabletop" review on page 4, just got it today, 8/14/2013 (i'll just go ahead and post it here again anyway)
i just received mine today, also came with everything mentioned above, though i don't know if the rings/flip caps were part of a thank you package for preorders, they look like medium height rings (with thin soft tape on the inside of the ring, maybe to prevent marring). below is a bit of a table top review. it may be a while before i get to the range.

construction:
feels well built, smooth adjustment of both zoom and quick focus eyepiece (under the flip cap, coincidentally by grasping only the back of the flip cap you can adjust focus, grasping further out puts pressure on the zoom piece and gives good grip for adjusting zoom.)
zoom has fairly wide knurled ring to aid in adjustment. firm but not overly tight.

glass:
as advertised it's BK7 glass, which i guess is a fairly high optical standard (source; wikipedia, i don't know jack about lenses and glass) what i do know is that it's a very clear picture. i only have brand new vortex flip to side 3x magnifier, Mueller APT, and mako 5x magnifier, but it's noticeably clearer and brighter than all 3.

reticle:
the reticle is very fine, much more so than my camera (OK iPhone 4s) could focus on. the pictures do not do it justice, it's fine but sharp, well engineered, the ranging is straight forward and is taught in the users guide with pictograms for reference.
illumination is sharp with no bleed, reticle does not lose much sharpness at full illumination with the front cap closed (full dark background) more on illumination under electronics.

electronics(illumination):
i went to install the battery and surprise! there's one already in there, plus a spare. it uses a single CR-2032 button/flat cell.
illumination rheostat has smooth adjustment of R-1-2-3 G-1-2-3 B-1-2-3 and scrolls infinitely, with off(r,g,b symbols) in between each color and holds tight under each setting. halfway between each individual setting the light goes out but i'm not sure if this is on purpose or a side effect of the rheostat's engineering(there are not positions for it to snap into when doing this, it's between clicks basically) also, the knurled rheostat knob does not "click" into place as much as it "bumps" into place. somewhat audible when if falls into position, plenty tactile, it's noticeable in effort and sound, with gloves on as well i would think, but not a highly audible click like the windage turrets.

turrets (windage/elevation adjustments):
the turrets are very low profiled and like everything else that requires adjustment is knurled for pretty easy grip; not that you would really need to use them unless you want to try for some 7.62x35/39 800 yard+ mini artillery barrages.
clicks are 1/2 moa each and audible enough to serve their purpose. they are not very tactile and i find myself going by ear and not feel when adjusting them.

Tiny Allen and set screws are to reset the turrets to 0 once you find it. this is the only part that feels a little cheaper/less secure, that is,how the reset to zero rings are made, they appear to just be a printed/cut ring with three microscopic allens that screw into the center piece of the turret the ring serves it's purpose and the etching/printing is crisp but
i would say these are fully usable turrets for their purpose, this isn't a mil-dot sniper scope where you will be doping a ton of doping for shots (unless trying to account for winds over 10 mph) but it is functional to zero the rifle and adjust that zero for say, that suppressor you'll be using with your blackout setup, because otherwise you'd probably be shooting 6.8 spc II or 6.5 Grendel (i kid, probably because i wish i had a suppressor :P

well it's getting late so i'll end it here. look back for pics and stuff, i'll upload them (warning iphone 4s quality, decent but not great, don't' have dslr to use)
Last edited by Wrxkyle on Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
300Blk
Site Admin

Re: New 300blk scope from pfi (pride fowler industries)

Post by 300Blk »

Wrxkyle

Post by Wrxkyle »

Thanks^ pfi is taking preorders direct too. Projected april shipping but you know how preorders go, just look at the zk22 lol. But pfi are a much better company as far as that stuff goes.
Last edited by Wrxkyle on Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WasDustyJacket
Senior Silent Operator

Post by WasDustyJacket »

Nice.
nice price, too.

Too bad I juyst bought an MTAC a month ago or so.......

I would love to have a BDC reticle for 300 BLK
Shoot softly, and carry a big clip.
FirefighterCT
Silent But Deadly

Post by FirefighterCT »

Interesting optic at a nice price. If I get to keep my evil rifle here in the Land of Liberals, I may pick one of these up. Thanks for the posts.
Hooz
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Hooz »

This is exactly what I've been waiting for! I have two other PFI scopes and they are VERY nice, so this is a no-brainer for me.
[size=75][b][i]"There are over 550 million firearms in worldwide circulation. That's one firearm for every twelve people on the planet. The only question is: How do we arm the other 11?" - Yuri Orlov[/i][/b][/size]
Whole Bunches
Silent But Deadly

Post by Whole Bunches »

Hooz wrote:This is exactly what I've been waiting for! I have two other PFI scopes and they are VERY nice, so this is a no-brainer for me.
Do your present PFI scopes have illuminated reticles? If yes, how bright are they? Can the illumination be seen in daylight?

Thank you
Last edited by Whole Bunches on Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

It says tri-color illumination.
Whole Bunches
Silent But Deadly

Post by Whole Bunches »

Here's a reply I got from PFI regarding their new 300 BLK scope:

Question I asked:

"RR-Evolution-BLK 300 Blackout Scope 1.25-4x24mm It says it comes with a tri-color illuminated reticle. Are all the colors visible in daylight if the intensity is turned up? If the color is turned off, is the reticle black in color in daylight?"

Answer I received:

"The reticle is laser etch and is in a reflective black, so it can be see in daylight without illumination. The illumination is daylight visible as well. Hope that helps!

Let me know if I can be of further assistance. Thanks!

Sincerely,

Richard M. Nguyen
RROSM - Pride Fowler Industries
Vice President - Military/LE Liaison
Ph: (832) 377-6765
Fx: (877) 893-4502
Email1: [email protected]
Email2: [email protected]
www.RapidReticle.com"
FirefighterCT
Silent But Deadly

Post by FirefighterCT »

Thanks for finding out WB. This looks like a great value.