Any Info on the New Nikon P300 BLK scope?

You can only post guns and ammo for sale or links to guns and ammo here, in the classified section, or in a dealer/manufacturer area.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Wrxkyle

Re: Any Info on the New Nikon P300 BLK scope?

Post by Wrxkyle »

No info and no one i know that has them in stock. I want one for sure at that price. Interested to see what all develops now that shots over
Wrxkyle

Post by Wrxkyle »

http://www.romeotangobravo.net/2013/01/ ... w.html?m=1

No word on what load the sub hashes are marked for, but from what the nikon guy said in the above video was that the nikon app would give you references. I hope they at least put the hashes where some factory sub load fell, and not just made a scope with a couple extra hash points to use with the app.
Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dolomite_Supafly »

Wrxkyle wrote:http://www.romeotangobravo.net/2013/01/ ... w.html?m=1

No word on what load the sub hashes are marked for, but from what the nikon guy said in the above video was that the nikon app would give you references. I hope they at least put the hashes where some factory sub load fell, and not just made a scope with a couple extra hash points to use with the app.

I hope so too. I have been using their P22 scope for my Blackout. If you have a subsonic load in the 1,035 fps range it matches perfectly to the 1,200-1,300 fps turret on the P22. The BDC reticle is pretty much useless with both subsonic and supersonic because they are at such odd distances. And that is with 22 lr as well.

Ideally I would like to see a supersonic turret and a subsonic turret and a mildot reticle. That way you can use the mildot to range the target then use the turrets to make adjustments.

I spoke to Jon LaCorte over the last 5 months about how great the P22 would be for the 300. I even offered to mark some turrets for them to produce them. In the begining he didn't seem too interested but I am glad they came out with a reasonably priced scope for the 300.
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!
bman940

Post by bman940 »

Guy's, Nikon's P-300 BLK should be out mid-March is what I was last told. Lot's of interest so I assume they will go quickly. If any of you were looking for a P-223 scope last year, you know what I mean about quickly. They would literally land at retailers and be all gone the next day. I managed to find a 3-9 BDC 600 at Cabela's in Nov.!
I had a lot of time to look this scope over while at Shot Show and I think it will be very multi-purpose. A rapid Action Turret built around a 115 grain bullet and a BDC reticle to be used with Nikon's Spot On Ballistic Program for sub-sonic loads. Honestly, not one of the 100's of folk's I showed this scope to didn't want one.
I'll keep you guy's posted on the release date.
Bart
Nikon Pro Staff
Professor
Elite Member

Post by Professor »

bman940 wrote:Guy's, Nikon's P-300 BLK should be out mid-March is what I was last told. Lot's of interest so I assume they will go quickly. If any of you were looking for a P-223 scope last year, you know what I mean about quickly. They would literally land at retailers and be all gone the next day. I managed to find a 3-9 BDC 600 at Cabela's in Nov.!
I had a lot of time to look this scope over while at Shot Show and I think it will be very multi-purpose. A rapid Action Turret built around a 115 grain bullet and a BDC reticle to be used with Nikon's Spot On Ballistic Program for sub-sonic loads. Honestly, not one of the 100's of folk's I showed this scope to didn't want one.

That is good news Bart!

I also picked up a P-22 this weekend to play with and I'm impressed at the value/price point. I'm looking forward to getting a P-300
Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

Professor wrote:
bman940 wrote:Guy's, Nikon's P-300 BLK should be out mid-March is what I was last told. Lot's of interest so I assume they will go quickly. If any of you were looking for a P-223 scope last year, you know what I mean about quickly. They would literally land at retailers and be all gone the next day. I managed to find a 3-9 BDC 600 at Cabela's in Nov.!

That is good news Bart!

I also picked up a P-22 this weekend to play with and I'm impressed at the value/price point. I'm looking forward to getting a P-300
The 1,200-1,300 fps turret on the P22 matcheds subsonic ammo perfectly out to 150 yards. You need to zero your gun at 40 yards with the turret set at 50.

Dolomite
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!
tallburnedmidget
Silent But Deadly

Post by tallburnedmidget »

Directly From: http://www.nikonsportoptics.com/Nikon-P ... 0-BLK.html
Spot On Optimized

Introducing the all-new BDC SuperSub Reticle

Designed for the ballistic profiles of the 300 AAC Blackout cartridge in both supersonic and subsonic loads, the P-300 BLK is completely optimized for use with Spot On™ Ballistic Match Technology, which allows shooters to discover all of the exact aiming points on the BDC SuperSub reticle at different yardages for any ammunition and load.
There seems to be some questions and confusion about how the reticle will work and which bullets the reticle will work with. According to what Nikon mentions above, the way the reticle will work is that you must use the Nikon Spoton program at:

http://spoton.nikonsportoptics.com/spoton/

The way the software works today (this is simply an example) you will enter in your scope "P-300", bullet "110 Barnes blah blah", speed "2300fps", and hit the submit/launch button and the program will calculate the distance of each BDC dot for your bullet, speed, at the default 1st magnification. You can change the magnification to different settings and the BDC dots will show you their new distance for your bullet, speed, and the magnification (yeah the distance changes per magnification setting but its a $200 scope not the $1400 Leupold).

With the what they mention above and with the way the software currently works, I would be willing to bet that is how they will figure out your subsonic and supersonic BDC dot distances. To simplify the issue of magnification changing the BDC dot distance I would simply pick a magnification power and stick with it.

It seems like a simple solution, just gotta print out the distances for your setup and go from there :)
Wrxkyle

Post by Wrxkyle »

^at $200 i should probably keep my mouth shut, but i feel that if this scope doesnt at least have correct holds for one ammo or another the its just a glorified any other onebof nikond bdc scooes that you could use just as well with blk, 7.62 nato, .223, or 50 cal(reliability aside) the app can turn any scope into a scope for another type of ammo... So then its whats the value of a p300 Over a p22, prostaff bdc?
selph arms llc
Industry Professional

Post by selph arms llc »

I would love to see them put a lit recital into the scope that is the only reason i use millett for night hunting.
Selph Arms LLC
07 FFL/Class 2 SOT

Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

I may be getting my hands on a pre release P300 for review. Nikon asked me to submit a formal request and I did. Not sure when I am supposed to get it but once I get the review done and it is approved I will post my findings. Nikon and I had been discussing using turrets on the P22 for the 300 Blackout since last year. It seems like it is going to be identical to the P22 with the exception of the reticle and turrets.

Dolomite
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!