Leatherwood/Hi-Lux NEW CMR-AK762 works w/ 300BLK

You can only post guns and ammo for sale or links to guns and ammo here, in the classified section, or in a dealer/manufacturer area.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Leatherwood

Leatherwood/Hi-Lux NEW CMR-AK762 works w/ 300BLK

Post by Leatherwood »

Hello All,

A forum member contacted me and recommended I post here to inform you about our new CMR-AK762. This is the only 1-4x in the world specifically designed for the AK, SKS 7.62x39mm service round and several special purpose rounds including the 300 AAC Blackout (7.62x35mm)and the 300 Whisper by Hornady.

You can learn more at this link: http://hi-luxoptics.com/product/riflesc ... cal-scope/

The unique reticle design is very functional for close and medium range targets.

For more information, contact us at Toll Free No.:1-888-Hi-Lux12 (445-8912)
mscott
Silent Operator

Re: Leatherwood/Hi-Lux NEW CMR-AK762 works w/ 300BLK

Post by mscott »

Interesting. Is this a factory direct item or what distributors are carrying it?
marsh-vol
Silent Operator

Post by marsh-vol »

Where can we purchase it? Or is there a planned release date? What is the MSRP?
Sdustin
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sdustin »

yea i tried to find it and cant really find it online whats a ball park price will it be sub 200 bucks?
When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns
Whole Bunches
Silent But Deadly

Post by Whole Bunches »

marsh-vol wrote:Where can we purchase it? Or is there a planned release date? What is the MSRP?
Leatherwood sent me this (I'm on their mailing list):

"On the far right of the reticle, there are "T" shaped range estimators when at 4x. The left of the reticle has an mrad scale. The retail cost will be $459 for either a green or red illuminated reticle.."
Leatherwood

Post by Leatherwood »

We've started shipping to various distributors this week. They may not have the scopes posted on their web stores yet, but you can call them about the scope and if they are one of our dealers or distributors, they will know about the scope and be able to order it for you.

You can also contact your local gun stores and ask them to contact us to order as well. We are very easy to work with for small dealers and gun stores. Just have them call the office at: 1 (888) 445-8912.

You can let them know they can mention my name, Corbett Leatherwood, and ask about ordering the scope. They can also request to talk to me directly, and I will answer their questions.

Best Regards,

Corbett
[email protected]
Desert scrub
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Desert scrub »

I love the CMR on my 308 and have been waiting for this version to show up to put on my 300blk.
I just got back from an Elk hunt and loved the adjustability the CMR offered. I was in some really thick cedar/juniper forest with only about 10ft visibility and small shooting windows. The 1x was great in there for it's field of view and quickness. If I had a Bull tag I would have been done on the first day when I was in the thick stuff. It was also perfectly clear at legal shooting hours when I was sitting about 175 yards off of a tank using the 4x setting. Great image definition.
HotHolster
Silent But Deadly

Post by HotHolster »

I'm not sure if this is the same one; Midway has one on sale Sunday the 25th for $270

http://www.midwayusa.com/black-friday-sale
Desert scrub
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Desert scrub »

HotHolster wrote:I'm not sure if this is the same one; Midway has one on sale Sunday the 25th for $270

http://www.midwayusa.com/black-friday-sale
That's not the one meant for 7.62x39mm that works for 300blk. That's the one with the BDC for 308 and 223. That's also an awesome price. Cheapest pricing I have seen yet on that scope. I have this model on my 308 and absolutely love it. I just wish this model had the same ranging system as the one meant for 7.62x39mm. I really can't wait to get done with a couple other projects so I can get my hands on one to see how it really does with 300blk.
KingTiger

Post by KingTiger »

I have the original CMR on my 300 BLK & it works well.
The reticle is not caliber specific.

I zeroed it with the 115 gr. UMC & locked the turrets. It did take more torque than I would have thought to tighten the turrets, but once I did they've stayed in place.

Then I figured out how many clicks up the 220 gr. subs needed to be.
Anything else is going to be between those two points.

Mine has the green illuminated reticle & it contrasts well with a red light for coyote hunting at night.
Controlled Cacophony