Leupold scope

You can only post guns and ammo for sale or links to guns and ammo here, in the classified section, or in a dealer/manufacturer area.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Cajun Executioner
Silent Operator

Re: Leupold scope

Post by Cajun Executioner »

Awesome reticle but I wouldn't pay $1400 for a 1.5-5 scope. I'm sure they will remain that expensive until a few other companies put more 300BLK scopes on the market. Thanks for nothing Leupold!!!
Sherc14
Silent Operator

Post by Sherc14 »

Cajun Executioner wrote:Awesome reticle but I wouldn't pay $1400 for a 1.5-5 scope. I'm sure they will remain that expensive until a few other companies put more 300BLK scopes on the market. Thanks for nothing Leupold!!!

I agree. Same scope different reticle is 300.
PesticusEradicus

Post by PesticusEradicus »

Sherc14 wrote:
Cajun Executioner wrote:Awesome reticle but I wouldn't pay $1400 for a 1.5-5 scope. I'm sure they will remain that expensive until a few other companies put more 300BLK scopes on the market. Thanks for nothing Leupold!!!

I agree. Same scope different reticle is 300.
You mean $300 less, correct? The same FFP Mark 4 with CMR2 reticle is around $1k.
copenhagen
Senior Silent Operator

Post by copenhagen »

I got to handle one of these scopes the other day and I was not impressed. When you have it on low power, you need a magnifying glass to see the reticle.
agBQ08
Silent But Deadly

Post by agBQ08 »

copenhagen wrote:I got to handle one of these scopes the other day and I was not impressed. When you have it on low power, you need a magnifying glass to see the reticle.
That's the point. On 1x, scopes like this make the reticle really little so that is becomes like a red dot when it is turned on. Then when you go up to 4x the reticle blooms and is usable. This concept (think it is call "first focal plane") makes a scope a true dual-purpose optic.
copenhagen
Senior Silent Operator

Post by copenhagen »

I don't like that at all. I was very disappointed along with the customer who had purchased it and several of the other guys in the shop who handled it.
agBQ08
Silent But Deadly

Post by agBQ08 »

copenhagen wrote:I don't like that at all. I was very disappointed along with the customer who had purchased it and several of the other guys in the shop who handled it.
Copy that. Different strokes for different folks. Hope there is a scope that will suit your needs.

If that individual wants to move the scope to a different home I'll start the bidding at $5. 8)
tallburnedmidget
Silent But Deadly

Post by tallburnedmidget »

Has anyone been able to get there hands on the ammunition data that would go with this blackout reticle?

I would like to see something along the lines of:
- supersonic bullet grain and fps
- subsonic bullet grain and fps

I like the idea of the reticle but it does no good if people are going to work up loads and just assume that their specific load trajectories are going to line up with the reticle markings. This reticle helps to maximize the potential and versatility of a 300 blk build but only if we know the ammo information that the reticle is good for.

For $1400 this information should be readily available, however I looked at the Leupold documentation for the scope from the pdf files on their website as well as Googling and have not found any definitive answers. Maybe I'm missing something here.

If anyone could give some direction I would greatly appreciate it. If not I guess I can call/email Leupold and see what they say. Thanks :)
Blind Squirrel

Post by Blind Squirrel »

I'm no authority on these scopes, but my customer feedback on them has all been positive. Most have been sighting in @ 100 yards with the Remington 125gr. Premier Match and report that using the100 yard (subsonic) hash mark delivers almost same POI when using the Remington 220 subs. It is my understanding that the "front focal" aspect of this scope allows for accurate ranging at any magnification instead of having to turn to highest magnification. Also, one guy who shoots 3 gun says that the fact that the hash marks represent 18" (armpit to armpit on a man size target) at proper range allows for ridiculously fast ranging and engagement with both supers and subs with no math involved. I have heard nothing negative about the illumination, and to the contrary, I've heard that the "almost invisible" lowest setting on the illuminated dot looks pretty darn big and bright on a silhouette at 500-600 yards in twilight. Hope this helps.
ftak

Post by ftak »

I think a US Optics scope would work great or variable power Accupoint by Trijicon