Companies who are making 300 AAC BLACKOUT products

You can only post guns and ammo for sale or links to guns and ammo here, in the classified section, or in a dealer/manufacturer area.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

DEVIL DOC
Silent But Deadly

Re: Companies who are making 300 AAC BLACKOUT products

Post by DEVIL DOC »

Chambered in 300 whisper and 300 black out?? Why are some companies listing a wild cat chambering then the saami spec'd round? It's an insult because the blackout is mainstreamed with "corrected" COALs for magazine function and feeding with a more abundant ammo supply. Point blank the blackout voided the whispers existence in the mainstream market place. Why stamp a gun with out dated chambering "black powder- metallic cartridges).
Shot placement is a key fundamental which most tired people tend to sleep on, and dark earth is still the new pink. Save the DI's VIVA LA Colt!
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

DEVIL DOC wrote:Point blank the blackout voided the whispers existence in the mainstream market place.
For what may be the first time I can recall, I actually agree with DEVIL DOC. I'm tired of this "Whisper" stuff being promoted by 300 BLK. Why would we want to benefit the Whisper by promoting 300 BLK?
"Common sense should be rebranded as uncommon practical knowledge of things you should know.”-nolwark76
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

Agreed, but it is either because they did not know, or it is because they own Thompson Contender now, and Thompson had a Whisper(R) license.

Hopefully the barrel will be correctly marked. Remington will not endorse their ammo to be used in any gun not marked with the SAAMI marking.

Also, there are other big gun companies coming out with BLK guns at the Shot Show.
DEVIL DOC
Silent But Deadly

Post by DEVIL DOC »

Forget S&W anyway it's further proof that they should just stick to revolvers.
Shot placement is a key fundamental which most tired people tend to sleep on, and dark earth is still the new pink. Save the DI's VIVA LA Colt!
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

I am happy they are doing it. It will give more visibility to the cartridge, and sell more ammo. Selling more ammo means it is more attractive for ammo makers to make ammo, which means more variety in the ammo, and lower prices.
DEVIL DOC
Silent But Deadly

Post by DEVIL DOC »

I'm glad to see the increased visibility but I only ask that these companies do it right and keep it to the spec. I can't wait for bushmasters new releases for the ACR in 2012.
GunnAmmo
Silent Operator

Post by GunnAmmo »

We will be selling 147 grain shortly. Final price this week. Contact us for more details.
Regards,
Gunn Ammo
DEVIL DOC
Silent But Deadly

Post by DEVIL DOC »

GunnAmmo wrote:We will be selling 147 grain shortly. Final price this week. Contact us for more details.
Regards,
please post the stats.
blackoutbuster

Post by blackoutbuster »

QUOTE: [The 6.8 SBR has the range of a combat carbine in a very short package. The whole idea behind 6.8 PSD is that it can replace 3 guns with 1 with very little compromise (PDW, Subgun, Carbine). I guess we will go back to the days where every special missions unit will have 10 guns, one for each mission.]

What the heck is 6.8 SBR, and PSD?

Wondering-
300 BLACKOUT Buster
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

It is an LWRC rifle with an 8 inch barrel. It stands for Personal Security Detail. It shoots the 6.8 SPC cartridge, and SBR means Short Barrel Rifle.