i need some 110 or 125 gr plinkers

You can only post guns and ammo for sale or links to guns and ammo here, in the classified section, or in a dealer/manufacturer area.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

AggieJim
Silent Operator

Re: i need some 110 or 125 gr plinkers

Post by AggieJim »

We're good.

I have my own range on my small ranch.

Typically I prefer multi-use rounds when I shoot for many reasons.

Cost
Varmints
Ranch Defense

The 110 grain Carbine rounds have a following by some for 300 BLK for pure plinking and fun. I probably would lean toward a spitzer type bullet here but reviewing the prices, they are more costly.

As a goat rancher with a limited income, cost is a big deal to me.
smustian
Silent But Deadly

Post by smustian »

If I had to choose 1 bullet for hunting, plinking, varmints and defense my choice would be a Hornady 125 SST. Wait for a sale and buy in bulk. Blems are a great buy as well.
Sig220
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sig220 »

The one thing about dellet is he is a man of experience and also like me comes off a little sharp from time to time. I surely hope he reciprocates with the attitude check on me when needed!! :lol: When I think I know just about all one could know about "XX", he comes along and I get schooled!! :lol: BTW, I have only been loading for about 40 to 45 years! :shock:

Aggie, if you just did a search of his (dellet's) posts, you would come away with a metric crap ton of information on loading, loads and recipes for the 300BO. Sadly, the search function on this board is not very useful. Hang around, read...learn and pass it along. Above all, be safe and have some fun!
10Driver
Senior Silent Operator

Post by 10Driver »

Sadly for me (since I just bought some), nobody mentioned the Hornady 110 V-max.

Is there something about it that makes it less suitable?

Accuracy, performance threshold, cost or availability?
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

10Driver wrote:Sadly for me (since I just bought some), nobody mentioned the Hornady 110 V-max.

Is there something about it that makes it less suitable?

Accuracy, performance threshold, cost or availability?
Only thing bad about a 110 Vmax is the price and you generally can't buy it in bulk which is what the original request was. They come up as a blem occasionally at Midway or Midsouth.

Performance in this cartridge is very good.
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
Mike7.62
Silent But Deadly

Post by Mike7.62 »

I have used the carbine bullets, half jackets, and 110 gr. Speer HP's in my 300 BLK at SUB sonic velocities. They will not feed in my AR, and poorly in my CZ, but work very well in my Model 7. As Dellet said, I would be hesitant to use them at supersonic velocities because of their design intent, but the Speer 125 gr. TNT and the 110 gr. Hornady V Max are good inexpensive bullets that can be used either sub or supersonic.