Magpul Hunter American Stock

You can only post guns and ammo for sale or links to guns and ammo here, in the classified section, or in a dealer/manufacturer area.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

A-Game
Silent But Deadly

Magpul Hunter American Stock

Post by A-Game »

RARR fans can ditch that hunk of garbage stock and now use a detachable magazine in the AICS pattern. This is for short action.

I really like the 10/22 Magpul stock. If I had a RARR I would buy this as an inexpensive alternative to dropping some money on a really nice stock.

https://www.magpul.com/products/firearm ... ort-action
Industry Pro Staff for Dynamic Research Technologies When One Shot is All You Get www.drtammo.com https://www.facebook.com/drtammo/
Join the Revolution http://youtube.com/watch?v=3_Xnx3BFuLk
cwlongshot
Silent But Deadly

Re: Magpul Hunter American Stock

Post by cwlongshot »

A-Game wrote:RARR fans can ditch that hunk of garbage stock and now use a detachable magazine in the AICS pattern. This is for short action.

I really like the 10/22 Magpul stock. If I had a RARR I would buy this as an inexpensive alternative to dropping some money on a really nice stock.

https://www.magpul.com/products/firearm ... ort-action
I just found this this AM too while looking for the barrel mounted scope mount for the Ruger 10-22 back packer!

GAME CHANGER for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do the AICS mags in 223 work? (I think its actually made for 308 short actions)

CW
A Bolt, Single Shot and a few M$Rs

Join me on RUMBLE! Https://rumble.com/user/cwlongshot

https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

I PROUDLY SUPPORT LAW ENFORCEMENT & OUR TROOPS
Whole Bunches
Silent But Deadly

Post by Whole Bunches »

I own a Ruger Precision in 5.56. Ruger describes the magazines as: "Ruger AI-Style Precision Rifle magazines compatible with longer, higher ballistic coefficient projectiles"

My question is will the Ruger magazines fit and feed in this new MagPul stock? If yes, that would be a $ bonus to me as I already have 3 of the mags, not to mention 2 RARR's in 300BLK. The Ruger RPR 5.56 mags are a 10 shot, single stack 5.56 mag. I am simply ignorant when it comes to AICS pattern .223 mags and could use some guidance.
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

Whole Bunches wrote:I own a Ruger Precision in 5.56. Ruger describes the magazines as: "Ruger AI-Style Precision Rifle magazines compatible with longer, higher ballistic coefficient projectiles"

My question is will the Ruger magazines fit and feed in this new MagPul stock? If yes, that would be a $ bonus to me as I already have 3 of the mags, not to mention 2 RARR's in 300BLK. The Ruger RPR 5.56 mags are a 10 shot, single stack 5.56 mag. I am simply ignorant when it comes to AICS pattern .223 mags and could use some guidance.
There are a few manufacturers out there for AI pattern mags. Right now I do not think AI makes a dedicated .223 magazine. They had a polymer one that had problems splitting at the seam. Unless you were real fast working the bolt every round ejected at once. :shock:

Currently i'm trying to decide what's next to try, AI says a metal body is on the way. I think it will be ready about the time the Mossberg MVP is released.

Of the one's on the market now, be sure to check for maximum COL length. These are all basically .308 magazines with a spacer in them. Some seem to be loaded as short as 2.28", some will take a .308 length. So if you want to play with longer bullets keep it in mind.

Everyone I have seen are double stack, single feed, So again long or fat bullets are not a problem. I have had zero feeding issues in two Remingtons, how the Ruger will due is yet to be seen.
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
JoeHarley13
Silent But Deadly

Post by JoeHarley13 »

Sounds promising but expensive. $300 for the stock and $40/magazine. If I bought it and 2 mags, that would exceed what I paid for the rifle :cry:

The Short Action AICS 10 round magazines for 223/5.56 are at Brownells for $40-70 ea
Whole Bunches
Silent But Deadly

Post by Whole Bunches »

Magpul replied very quickly. They say the Ruger Precision Rifle AI 5.56 magazine will not work in their new stock.
RAINS
Silent But Deadly

Post by RAINS »

Neat! If you already own a Rarr this would be pretty cool. I don't like the mag cost though. Plus it's iffy if they will even work properly with 300blk. Hopefully a forum member will buy one and give us all a review. Still what I really want is a stainless Ruger scout rifle in 300blk. Or even 7.62x39 for that matter!

R