Ruger Blackout Stock Exchange

You can only post guns and ammo for sale or links to guns and ammo here, in the classified section, or in a dealer/manufacturer area.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

doubleshot00
Silent But Deadly

Re: Ruger Blackout Stock Exchange

Post by doubleshot00 »

I bet that stock is going to be big money. A factory magazine costs $40 so I can just imagine how much a whole stock will be. After you buy the new stock you will probably be in Remington 700 territory.

I like the stock it looks different. I had a Ruger American in Black (30-06) and just got a new Ruger American Predator in .308. I didn't like the green stock at first but it grew on me.

As for finding one in stock is going be your biggest obstacle. I couldn't find a Predator anywhere but over Halloween I was in VA hunting and saw one up there on the rack. So its going to be a challenge finding one IMO. Sign up for all the sites that have the notify me by email feature and go from there. Our if you have a good local shop that will "actually" get you one.
vetman
Senior Silent Operator

Post by vetman »

I got a compact one on Thursday. Slapped a cheap red dot on it yesterday morning and did some plinking. I like it a lot. I can handle the stock color now that I have it in hand and it looks darker than in pictures.

If you did want a black stock they cost $49.99 plus shipping from Ruger.

I like mine enough already that I'm ordering a second one and another Harvester on Monday.
hyrulejedi86
Silent Operator

Post by hyrulejedi86 »

Do you guys think that the Ruger predator 223 compact stock from Boyds would fit the 300blk? They appear to be the exact same stock just different colors? I really like the prairie hunter stock in forest camo.
Z71

Post by Z71 »

300Blk wrote:If you want the Ruger, I would just accept the stock color. Firearms are best left unmodified, I have come to learn. I wish I learned it much earlier.
Seems an odd stance for some who (owns? or just admins?) a forum that exists only because some dude at AAC got a contract to modify a firearm to accept a different bullet. What do you dislike about personalizing your firearms?