If I make even less sense in the next few days - I'm on drugs

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

rebel
Silent But Deadly

Re: If I make even less sense in the next few days - I'm on drugs

Post by rebel »

Hopefully like this -
And not like the one Smus hooked up with -
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
Jim Timber
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jim Timber »

She's moving so this pic sucks. :lol:

https://squareup.com/market/SimpleThreadedDevices
https://www.facebook.com/SimpleThreadedDevices
Scratch
Silent But Deadly

Post by Scratch »

Hang in there and get well soon.
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

Guys,

Pretty sure this story is a hoax. First week of cold and snow, holidays approaching and hunting season basically over.

All of a sudden Jim finds a way to spend the next 3-16 weeks in the lazy boy sipping hot adult beverages. No Christmas shopping, no driving to the outlaws house in a snowstorm. I'm not buying it :lol:

Good luck sir and here's to a speedy recovery.
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
smustian
Silent But Deadly

Post by smustian »

rebel wrote: And not like the one Smus hooked up with -
With the right combo of pain killers after lumbar fusion, I thought she looked like Jennifer Aniston. I SWEAR !!

Hope all goes well for you Jim.
Hardrockshot
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hardrockshot »

Here is to a speedy recovery and great pain killers................

Smus................ Leave that alone, or at least ask if she has had her shots...........
De inimical non loquaris male, sed cogites
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

good luck with the operation and best wishes to as speedy of a recovery as possible!
dellet wrote:Guys,

Pretty sure this story is a hoax. First week of cold and snow, holidays approaching and hunting season basically over.

All of a sudden Jim finds a way to spend the next 3-16 weeks in the lazy boy sipping hot adult beverages. No Christmas shopping, no driving to the outlaws house in a snowstorm. I'm not buying it :lol:

Good luck sir and here's to a speedy recovery.
i call it excellent planning! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
Jim Timber
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jim Timber »

plant.one wrote: i call it excellent planning! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Thanks, I thought so too! :mrgreen:

My goal was to be about the same stage of recovery my left knee is at now, by the time the snow melts. Other than a little snowshoing and squirrel hunting, I don't go out much most winters (with the exception of R&D of course). This year I'll have my timber sale if all goes well, so I need to be mobile somehow to oversee that (shooting for late January-early-feb), but for all other intents and purposes - I'm a boat anchor. 8)

When I'm up to it, since my doc insists I pace myself, I'll get out in the shop and start working on the .45 cal device. I've got ideas I need to build and try, so I'm motivated to resume life as quick as possible. For the next week or so I'm not doing anything other than filling orders and sending the Mrs. to the post office to ship 'em while I resume couch detail.

As for the surgery: all is so-so. :| He found a lot of arthritis on my knee cap. Said the cartilage is barely hanging on but he wasn't going to do a partial (he thinks I'm too young for replacement parts) even though I wanted a partial (new bearing surface on the knee cap) when I first discussed surgery with my Ortho LNP (who's good shit and knows his stuff too, despite being a Nasty Girl for 24 years :mrgreen: ). My surgeon is the head of orthopedics for the Mpls VAMC, and is very conservative in his approach. He thinks I'd only get 10 years out of a partial, then need a full replacement at 51, and then need another at 60, 70, etc. So he doesn't want to go down that road. I was really hoping that these operations would clean things up and let me get back to downhill skiing, biking, and maybe even jogging (fucking BCT taught me running could be fun :x then promptly smashed my right knee on a buried rock on the live fire maneuvers course). The outcome is yet to be seen, but things have room for improvement in my regular activities so it's not a total waste at this point. Once again, he's not sure if it'll do anything for pain relief, just like the left one (and that one was a resounding success thus far).

They doped me up good again and the knee feels fine now. I can put full weight on it just like how my left responded. Whenever the local wears off will be the real test, so I'm not really aware of how it feels for real yet. Got the narcotics all situated in case it goes south on me. Hoping to pull off another drug free recovery, but I'm not going to suffer for that goal. We'll see what happens.

Again, thanks for all your concern and friendship. It means a lot.
https://squareup.com/market/SimpleThreadedDevices
https://www.facebook.com/SimpleThreadedDevices
DoubleJ
Silent But Deadly

Post by DoubleJ »

So what you're saying is, no dice on the nurses?

Good luck man, bad knees are the devil, I just got my left one working again like two days ago, was able to ride some powder yesterday, but I've been one limping around mofo since the summer when I messed it up again...bowling...at a kids birthday party...
I do not reply to posts with horrific grammar errors.

I do not reply to posts concerning the case mouth dent.
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Post by bangbangping »

smustian wrote:Image

With the right combo of pain killers after lumbar fusion, I thought she looked like she swallowed Jennifer Aniston. I SWEAR !!
I remember your surgery. Always wondered what you meant about leading a rescue mission. :mrgreen:
Last edited by bangbangping on Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.