Adds on this site beginning to be burdensome

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

DoubleJ
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 1045
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:51 pm

Re: Adds on this site beginning to be burdensome

Post by DoubleJ » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:54 am

DoubleJ wrote:I don't mind some ads, but the way these are laid out is silly, they're all over the place. I'm not sure where threads begin or end. I won't be leaving the site, but I bet I've missed some posts on some threads already as they're just too busy to look at for more than a second or two. I also read a stat once, don't know if it's true, but Americans are more likely to be hit by lightning than to click a banner ad. I've never actually clicked one on purpose. I say put real advertisers at the top, people we want to support, so we always know where to find their stuff. Fighting underarm bulge is important, but this isn't the venue for it.

Guess I'm a liar, thought I'd get used to them and just work around the ads, no dice, too much clutter. I'll stop in every now and then, but this tab is getting closed.
I do not reply to posts with horrific grammar errors.

I do not reply to posts concerning the case mouth dent.

BulletFlight for Android
User avatar
TreeTopFlier
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 937
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:27 pm
Location: Southwest
Contact:

Re: Adds on this site beginning to be burdensome

Post by TreeTopFlier » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:46 am

DoubleJ wrote:
DoubleJ wrote:I don't mind some ads, but the way these are laid out is silly, they're all over the place. I'm not sure where threads begin or end. I won't be leaving the site, but I bet I've missed some posts on some threads already as they're just too busy to look at for more than a second or two. I also read a stat once, don't know if it's true, but Americans are more likely to be hit by lightning than to click a banner ad. I've never actually clicked one on purpose. I say put real advertisers at the top, people we want to support, so we always know where to find their stuff. Fighting underarm bulge is important, but this isn't the venue for it.

Guess I'm a liar, thought I'd get used to them and just work around the ads, no dice, too much clutter. I'll stop in every now and then, but this tab is getting closed.
JJ, add blocker makes a big difference on my PC. Not so much on android, maybe give that a try.
I build the #TTFPowderStand for the Lee Turret Press

http://www.youtube.com/user/TreeTopFlier

User avatar
Walkers Bay
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 378
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:27 am

Re: Adds on this site beginning to be burdensome

Post by Walkers Bay » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:24 am

Image

New Zealand coach tours. ...shit I know how long it takes those Asian filled tin cans to get anywhere on these roads. I'll drive Thanks.
And Amazon isn't a NZ site.

I'm over the ads too.

User avatar
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 2612
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:34 pm
Location: Texas Gulf Coast

Re: Adds on this site beginning to be burdensome

Post by bangbangping » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:00 pm

Firefox x/Adblock. I just see this ad (always the same one) between the first and second posts in a thread. Not bad. Given up on the phone, though.
Image

jwb47
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 1863
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:09 pm

Re: Adds on this site beginning to be burdensome

Post by jwb47 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:44 am

I love it . I can watch porn and browse guns at the same time . somebody is a genious .

BlogSarge
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 1293
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:10 pm

Re: Adds on this site beginning to be burdensome

Post by BlogSarge » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:53 pm

I'm browsing on my ipad using Safari. Anyone know a good ad blocker that'll wrk for me?

Otherwise, I'll become an occasionaly visitor at most.

User avatar
TreeTopFlier
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 937
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:27 pm
Location: Southwest
Contact:

Re: Adds on this site beginning to be burdensome

Post by TreeTopFlier » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:06 am

BlogSarge wrote:I'm browsing on my ipad using Safari. Anyone know a good ad blocker that'll wrk for me?

Otherwise, I'll become an occasionaly visitor at most.
I don't safari but I did see this...

https://adblockplus.org/blog/adblock-pl ... -it-s-free
I build the #TTFPowderStand for the Lee Turret Press

http://www.youtube.com/user/TreeTopFlier

User avatar
TreeTopFlier
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 937
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:27 pm
Location: Southwest
Contact:

Re: Adds on this site beginning to be burdensome

Post by TreeTopFlier » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:07 am

jwb47 wrote:I love it . I can watch porn and browse guns at the same time . somebody is a genious .
I lol'ed :lol: :lol: :lol:
I build the #TTFPowderStand for the Lee Turret Press

http://www.youtube.com/user/TreeTopFlier

User avatar
Netpackrat
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 647
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:06 am

Re: Adds on this site beginning to be burdensome

Post by Netpackrat » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:57 am

jwb47 wrote:I love it . I can watch porn and browse guns at the same time . somebody is a genious .
Since the ads seem to be based on browser history, I don't think you had much trouble with that before. :mrgreen:

BlogSarge
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 1293
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:10 pm

Re: Adds on this site beginning to be burdensome

Post by BlogSarge » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:23 am

Thanks TreeTop for the link. I'll give it a try.

Post Reply