Pray for East Coast folks

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

smustian
Silent But Deadly

Re: Pray for East Coast folks

Post by smustian »

Latest reports show that I will get some rain but not all the high winds that were expected. Got lucky this time it seems. Will know on Sunday morning where I stand.
excess650
Silent But Deadly

Post by excess650 »

My Va place is 5 hours west of Va Beach, and I'm relieved to not have worry about the wind.
Black Rifles Matter
strobro32
Silent But Deadly

Post by strobro32 »

We are as ready as we can be. I've been through 10 hurricanes. They are not fun. The worst part is being without electricity for a while.

I hope everyone who stays, stays safe. Peace be with us and let's hope for the best.
If it doesn't splatter, shatter, burst, boing or explode, it's not worth shooting.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

appears to have downgraded to a cat3 overnight, and will be heading to cat1 before it leaves florida coastline. or thats what the current news is projecting this morning.

they're still worried about stormsurge along the east coast there, but much of the coast looks to be dodging quite the bullet compared to the armageddon that was being trumpeted last night.

here's to hoping this storm fizzles out pretty quickly and the losses are significantly minimized for all affected.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

I have been out of town all week. Just got to the house about 30 minutes ago. I was coming from the Ohio to North Carolina. I was suppose to fly into fayetteville but my flight was cancelled early this morning.

A young man in my church went to ohio also but he drove, so I got a ride with him. We drove into it. by the time I got into harnett county there was a lot of trees down and flooding. a creek less then a 1/2 mile from me has flooded a low area in the road. Thankfully we are on high ground. so my only concern is the wind and the saturated ground
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
strobro32
Silent But Deadly

Post by strobro32 »

We got hit hard in Savannah. Most of the town folk is gone so it's not so bad. We may not have power for weeks.

All of the families who stayed have been having a hurricane party block party. It's nice to see the kids play in the yards and streets without worry of cars.

Some of the town folk...
If it doesn't splatter, shatter, burst, boing or explode, it's not worth shooting.
TreeTopFlier
Silent But Deadly

Post by TreeTopFlier »

strobro32 wrote:We got hit hard in Savannah. Most of the town folk is gone so it's not so bad. We may not have power for weeks.

All of the families who stayed have been having a hurricane party block party. It's nice to see the kids play in the yards and streets without worry of cars.

Some of the town folk...
This photo made my day...love it! Some of those guys look down right deplorable :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Hope you guys didn't have too much damage.
I build the #TTFPowderStand for the Lee Turret Press

http://www.youtube.com/user/TreeTopFlier
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

Hell they look like my neighbors and customers. Love it. Bet no looting is even attempted there - to much of risk. If you do pop someone just leave 'em lay for the authorities to collect. Buzzards got to eat , same as worms. :twisted:
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Post by John A. »

Glad you're OK strobro.
When those totally ignorant of firearms make laws, you end up with totally ignorant firearm laws.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

glad to hear you're holding out. with neighbor's like that i'm sure ya'll will come through just fine.

stay safe
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.