Garden time - whatca got growing?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Hardrockshot
Silent But Deadly

Re: Garden time - whatca got growing?

Post by Hardrockshot »

You guys talk about planting maters........ Try 155 acres worth by 20 fields that size. I hope and pray the water holds out, and we get 65+ tons an acre. Garden............. You guys will enjoy the fruits of the labor on your pizza or in your Spaghetti.......
Most of the tomatoes in the area are transplanted and every cannery wants a certain variety.........

The wife has a garden and has everything but weeds....... She can't figure out why I want nothing to go with "her" garden....But she don't grow maters.......
De inimical non loquaris male, sed cogites
rjacobs
Silent But Deadly

Post by rjacobs »

Jays Peach Ghost Scorpion

Another nasty reaper. Got a bunch of nasty looking ones set right now and growing, but this is about the nastiest one. Im afraid of it.

300BLKOut Brass
[email protected]
www.300blkoutbrass.com
tallburnedmidget
Silent But Deadly

Post by tallburnedmidget »

rjacobs wrote:Jays Peach Ghost Scorpion

Another nasty reaper. Got a bunch of nasty looking ones set right now and growing, but this is about the nastiest one. Im afraid of it.
Oh man, that's crazy!

Please tell me you are growing Chiltepin (Chile Tepin) as well. Because I would like to buy from of you all that you do not want :D
I'm officially addicted again to my Peri Peri sauce and need peppers!!! I have a Chile Pequin plant now I'll post an image of it soon. I don't have a garden but it's the best I can do to be relevant to this post :)

Chiltepin plant and peppers below for those who have never seen them:
Last edited by tallburnedmidget on Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rjacobs
Silent But Deadly

Post by rjacobs »

no chiltepin. I only grow super hots and exotics.

I thought piri piri used scotch bonnets, but I guess not. Recipe's I am seeing say thai peppers, which there are a few variety.
300BLKOut Brass
[email protected]
www.300blkoutbrass.com
tallburnedmidget
Silent But Deadly

Post by tallburnedmidget »

rjacobs wrote:no chiltepin. I only grow super hots and exotics.

I thought piri piri used scotch bonnets, but I guess not. Recipe's I am seeing say thai peppers, which there are a few variety.
My understanding is that piri piri (peri peri) uses African Birds Eye peppers. Chiltepin and Pequin are both bird peppers and have great flavor. It's the closest I can get without ordering dried African Birds Eye online or attempting to grow them myself. I don't really have a setup to grow anything but now that my apt complex cut down the two big trees outside my apt I can maybe do 3-4 potted plants/peppers.

If you get a line on any tepins or pequins please let me know. I'm working in the Austin area right now and I'm putting the feelers out here. It would be nice to have my Dallas area covered as well :)
rjacobs
Silent But Deadly

Post by rjacobs »

tallburnedmidget wrote:
If you get a line on any tepins or pequins please let me know. I'm working in the Austin area right now and I'm putting the feelers out here. It would be nice to have my Dallas area covered as well :)
im not to up on the pepper scene in dallas or know anybody else that grows them.

I dont think to hard to find online though. Check out thehotpepper.com and there are vendors on there that sell peppers.

Get you a few plants started. The smaller peppers like chili pequin are supposedly VERY hardy and not really tempermental to grow. Super's require a lot of care and time to get right. To much water they dont grow, not enough water they dont grow, gotta keep the nutrients just right, lots of magnesium, soil PH has to be just right, water PH has to be just right.
300BLKOut Brass
[email protected]
www.300blkoutbrass.com
strobro32
Silent But Deadly

Post by strobro32 »

rjacobs wrote:Jays Peach Ghost Scorpion. Another nasty reaper. Got a bunch of nasty looking ones set right now and growing, but this is about the nastiest one. Im afraid of it.
Nice. I need 1 or 2 of those for my organic salsa.
If it doesn't splatter, shatter, burst, boing or explode, it's not worth shooting.
rjacobs
Silent But Deadly

Post by rjacobs »

strobro32 wrote: Nice. I need 1 or 2 of those for my organic salsa.
Which? The reapers or the Jays peach ghost?

I'll send you some reapers if you pickup the tab on the small flat rate box from USPS. Couple weeks I should have a bunch of ripe ones.
300BLKOut Brass
[email protected]
www.300blkoutbrass.com
strobro32
Silent But Deadly

Post by strobro32 »

The reapers. Thanks. PM me when they are ready In I will send funds.

Matt
If it doesn't splatter, shatter, burst, boing or explode, it's not worth shooting.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

They will melt through the cardboard. Better line the box 8)
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.