Islamic laws are unconstitutional

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

idaho.jon
Silent But Deadly

Re: Islamic laws are unconstitutional

Post by idaho.jon »

rpk47 wrote:
idaho.jon wrote: Where is "thou shalt not suffer a witch to live" in the Bible? It's not
Exodus 22:18

See also Leviticus 20:27 A man or woman who is a medium or spiritist among you must be put to death. You are to stone them; their blood will be on their own heads.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.
Well I stand corrected. But that is why the New and Old Testament must be taken together. Anyone who reads that and then goes out and starts looking for witches to stone, is still in the wrong. I still hold to the belief that the Bible is a historical book (compilation of books), that records events. It recorded what the laws of the nation of Israel were, that does not mean we should abide by their laws still. I am sure most people are aware of the story where Jesus stops some Jews from stoning an adulteress, He pretty clearly makes the point that we are no longer to stone people, even for their sin. The part of that story that is missed the most though is when He tells her to go and sin no more. Again, the Bible is hard because you can't cherry pick.
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

Comparing the laws of a religion to the laws of a nation is pointless, they will always conflict. Unless the government of a nation outlaws religion, or a religion replaces a government, this conflict will not cease to exist.

Christianity and Islam both have a past present future. Both have had their problems. The defenders and attackers of Christianity point to the crusades as proof of both reform or barbarism. That is a very poor example in my opinion as a comparison.

Maybe we should look at the Catholics and Protestants in Ireland. This is a closer example of Shiite, Sunni relations. Just because that conflict was contained to Ireland and England does not mean that under a more ambitious leader or more zealous followers it could not have spread. A political battle drawn along religious lines by modern Christians.

The same laws in the United States that protect Christians, will protect Islamists and will allow certain actions that would normally be prosecuted, to slide under religious freedom. There are also examples of punishment more severe within those communities than would have been metered by secular law. This has been and hopefully always will be allowed within limits.

There are Jewish sects that police their own communities as well as Mormon. This is not new. How come we do not invade and punish the hard core Amish communities that deny their followers the basic human comforts and rights we force on third world nations.

The same Constitution that was formed by like minded people, with like minded morals and like minded prejudices, banded together to form a nation that conformed to their way of thinking. They left us with a wonderful set of guidelines to form our future. They also left a way to peacefully reject everything they fought for, and encouraged us to act not so peacefully should the need arise.

The threat to our nation is not Islamic terrorists, they are easy to identify and fight and will be rejected by the masses. Our greatest threat is from within and our "own" people. Who will slowly change the principals of the citizens and eventually laws of the Nation.

Contrary to what others have posted, The Constitution gives us no unalienable rights, nor does it guarantee life liberty and the pursuit of happiness. There are limitations in place for everything, mostly for the government, but there are also plenty for the citizens.

According to our own founding documents, change is possible, the Constitution was not written in stone and the authors were very clear in the process for amending their guidelines. Our job is to make sure those guidelines are followed.

As this is Memorial day weekend, this thread should be a reminder to us, of those who have sacrificed to keep what we have, and to preserve it as close to what it was intended to be as possible. It should also encourage us to be ready to fight the enemies of our Nation inside and out.

Our greatest threat is not from the outside, it is from threads like this, that start the crack and drive the wedge between guys like gds, danner, mrgein, myself and many others. I hope you guys are more like brothers who when they see their brother getting their ass kicked, step in, beat the attacker to a pulp while explaining "no one beats my brother except me".

Many have fallen to protect what we have, this weekend we honor them. I personally feel it is a dishonor to fight amongst ourselves arguing who is the better American, while the reason we are free to do that are lying in graves, with the grass being watered by the tears of their loved ones
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
idaho.jon
Silent But Deadly

Post by idaho.jon »

Well said Dellet.

I think it is important to recognize that there will always be disagreement, even between people who have similar beliefs, like most of us. Disagreeing is fine, but we need to exercise grace in it, and allow each other to have different opinions. We don't need to all think exactly the same to be on the same team.

Hope everyone has a great weekend with friends and family remembering our fallen soldiers and celebrating those who made it through.
mrgein
Silent But Deadly

Post by mrgein »

gds wrote:
mrgein wrote:this issue shouldn't be about whether the Sharia laws are unconstitutional, which they are, it SHOULD be about how they want Sharia law to supersede the US constitution. that can not happen in this country. it would be a complete travesty.

I am an anti-theist but this doesn't mean i think all religion should be abolished, to the contrary i think only specific religions should be heavily...critiqued. especially if it calls you out to murder as most do, "thou shalt not suffer a witch to live" a call to murder. but if we look at religion as it should be, like philosophy, then all this should DISAPPEAR. On the other hand i will admit that NOT ALL RELIGIONS ARE THE SAME. Jane-ism is even more docile than what Christianity has TURNED into. let us not forget the crusades, (convert or die) so most religions have a "dark age". HOPEFULLY reform of islam will come from within as it did with Christianity but that doesn't look promising. Most of the bad in the bible comes for the old testament which is taken from the tora, now the tora is blood thirsty, no arguing there. The new testament is a good fresh start, for the most part. to find allures to murder for god in the new testament you would have to stretch the material pretty far. The Tora and the Quran, not so much. they are pretty much recipes for oppression and genocide. Again, not that they don't have their good parts.
fixed that for you

Every time I think you cannot prove your ignorance more you go right out and prove me wrong. your understanding of the History and the Bible alone is full of fail, I can only imagine how much else you have wrong.
right, because if i don't believe what you believe then i am automatically wrong.
dillon 650xl
AAC 16" upper
AAC NiB full auto BCG
Raptor CH
KAC URX3.1 13.5"
Ambush lower
Geissele SSA trigger
Savvy Sniper Quad Dual QD sling
IMR 4227
Hornady Custom Dies
mrgein
Silent But Deadly

Post by mrgein »

gds wrote:
paberglund wrote:Those that bring up past Christian atrocities (like our President) are forgetting that our Constitution was written to protect the citizens of the US from such actions. Introducing Islamic law puts those protections at risk.
Sadly a vast majority of US citizens have no idea the specifics of why the first amendment was written and why it was written the way it was.

99% of US citizens have no idea who John Leland was and why he should be mention right up there with Madison and others in regards to the Bill of rights. It is criminal the way he is ignored in history.

If I was a betting man I would bet that there is a better then average chance that mrgein and danner in all their wisdom have no idea who John Leland was.
and its your opinion that not knowing one persons story makes me not worth a damn as a perons? that is one hell of a ego you have there.
dillon 650xl
AAC 16" upper
AAC NiB full auto BCG
Raptor CH
KAC URX3.1 13.5"
Ambush lower
Geissele SSA trigger
IMR 4227
Hornady Custom Dies
mrgein
Silent But Deadly

Post by mrgein »

idaho.jon wrote:Well said Dellet.

I think it is important to recognize that there will always be disagreement, even between people who have similar beliefs, like most of us. Disagreeing is fine, but we need to exercise grace in it, and allow each other to have different opinions. We don't need to all think exactly the same to be on the same team.

Hope everyone has a great weekend with friends and family remembering our fallen soldiers and celebrating those who made it through.
wrong if you don't agree with gds, there is NO way you can be right and you must be berrated for it. what a christian attitude. i rest my case.
dillon 650xl
AAC 16" upper
AAC NiB full auto BCG
Raptor CH
KAC URX3.1 13.5"
Ambush lower
Geissele SSA trigger
IMR 4227
Hornady Custom Dies
mrgein
Silent But Deadly

Post by mrgein »

Well, none of us charged the gates so I reckon you were home watching TV to. Or maybe reading the truth about guns and taking it as gospel. Or maybe worshiping..........your sponge. High horse, get off of it. We all are just men and women with families trying to make it in this world and put food on the table. If your REALLY a damn activist or political advocate, show me something you have done for 2A besides give money. Until then.......Oh, don't ask me what I have done, it's all in here. Google search.
how am i on a high horse for commenting on peoples not challant attitude towards right nullification? WOW once you say " i dont believe in jesus" you mf's come UNGLUED.
dillon 650xl
AAC 16" upper
AAC NiB full auto BCG
Raptor CH
KAC URX3.1 13.5"
Ambush lower
Geissele SSA trigger
IMR 4227
Hornady Custom Dies
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

mrgein wrote:
Well, none of us charged the gates so I reckon you were home watching TV to. Or maybe reading the truth about guns and taking it as gospel. Or maybe worshiping..........your sponge. High horse, get off of it. We all are just men and women with families trying to make it in this world and put food on the table. If your REALLY a damn activist or political advocate, show me something you have done for 2A besides give money. Until then.......Oh, don't ask me what I have done, it's all in here. Google search.
how am i on a high horse for commenting on peoples not challant attitude towards right nullification? WOW once you say " i dont believe in jesus" you mf's come UNGLUED.
Not even remotely. But anti-theist, tend to be more apt to get there feelings hurt then wishy washy Christians. Notice I said anti-theist, not atheist, I have found there is a difference.

And that one man is more responsible then many who are given the credit, for your being able to speak your opinions
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

Dude, I could give a crap what you believe in. Not what I said.Read the quoted text, I figured you sat at home to unless you were the dude in that gyro copter. Apparently to disagree with you is unconstitutional.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
paberglund

Post by paberglund »

rpk47 wrote:
idaho.jon wrote: Where is "thou shalt not suffer a witch to live" in the Bible? It's not
Exodus 22:18

See also Leviticus 20:27 A man or woman who is a medium or spiritist among you must be put to death. You are to stone them; their blood will be on their own heads.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

The point I'm making is that our fore fathers created the Constitution to protect us from religious laws like this - they are tyrannical. We need to stop allowing Islamic laws to be practiced against US citizens just because we're afraid of being called "intolerant". If our politicians would live up to their oaths and defend the Constitution we would have a more tolerant society - without sacrificing our civil liberties.