I'm Back

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

I'm Back

Post by L1A1Rocker »

I’m Back!

If you hadn’t noticed I’ve been gone the past week. I didn’t make any prior announcement because I don’t like posting on the internet that I’m away from home (I’m sure ya’ll understand) Anyhow, I took my mother up to the North Texas area to spend Christmas with my brother’s and sister’s families. We had a great time. On Christmas Day we got to watch the rain turn into slush, then sleet, then snow. I had never experienced weather like that before - it was nice to watch through the window. . . While sipping on a hot buttered rum.

The trip was uneventful except for the loading up to leave part. I was taking up a bunch of Christmas yard decorations (reindeer, snowmen, ect.) so loading took a long time to organize. I was also taking up a small Century safe to my brother along with a couple of rifles and handgun - bequeathed from my father. Well, after having the Excursion open for over three hours to load I had run the battery down. Not sure if I had a battery issue or not, I wouldn’t shut off the Ex for the entire 6+ hour trip. As it turned out the battery is fine, I just had all the curtsey lights running too long. I cannot believe how damn many courtesy lights that truck has on it!

Anyhow, all is well and we’re now safely home. I hope all of you fared as well as we did.