Mods: Outside links

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Omega
Silent But Deadly

Mods: Outside links

Post by Omega »

I have a question for the mods; on this site, most every external link that is posted sends me to it on the same tab that this site is on, and many times I just don't come back for a bit because it disappears from my tab lineup. Most other sites, if not all, open another tab for external links, and some run this same forum software. Is there a setting that needs to be changed in the forum software? It's not chrome, because like I said, other sites don't act like this.
"Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
~Pericles~
MeGrunt

Re: Mods: Outside links

Post by MeGrunt »

If using Windows just hold down the CTRL key when you click the link.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

or right click on the link and select "open in new tab"
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
Omega
Silent But Deadly

Post by Omega »

Yea, know the workarounds, but after getting on a few other sites before coming here, I forget that the links take over the current tab, so I follow my interest (or I would not have clicked it) in whatever link it takes me to and rarely make it back here after that.

But after reading some phpbb board info on this subject, it is on purpose to conform to XHTML 1.0 standards a few years ago, so unless an admin adds some code or an extension this behaviour will continue as it doesn't seem to be a switch native to PHPBB.
"Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
~Pericles~