It has been one of those weeks.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

gds
Silent But Deadly

It has been one of those weeks.

Post by gds »

Last Friday I was stepping off the back of a coworkers truck. His bumper does not stick out as far as mine. So I only got my toes on the bumper and then ended up on the ground. hurt my leg, my knee, shoulder and wrenched my back.

Monday Someone hacks my checking account and tries to steal 653 dollars. Bank caught it, but had to cancel debit card get a temp and order new one. after I get that I have to change all my debit drafts.

Then Wednesday. loading 20' pieces of 2" schedule 40 PVC and one got a little jammed up then acted like a spring when I forced it, as I slipped and it came back and smacked me in the upper lip. My mustache and beard covered the swelling. But could not eat right till friday. and it still hurts.

Then this past friday. Looking at an OLD swimming pool pump room with an old steel filter tank cover in rust. Got a piece in my eye. Thought I got it out. Could not feel any pain, because I had been taking motrin all day for a splitting headache. The motrin wore off after work. It felt like my eye was being stabbed. Could not see anything in my eyeball. Ended up at the emergency room, which I do not do. Apparently I got the piece of debris out earlier but not before it scratched my cornea.

My pastor said "bro take a day off" :lol:
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
TRshootem
Silent But Deadly

Re: It has been one of those weeks.

Post by TRshootem »

Wow! How is it you are living my life lessons from the day to day reality episodes of 'You gonna hurt yo self again dummy'. Seriously, I must be a walking injury machine. One cannot do what we did when young and stupid, and yet I persist. Heal up fast and a prayer for your continued safety from further booboo's.

TR
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

Day's and weeks like that suck. When I was a maintenance tech it was everyday, as a director of Plant Ops that slowed down. It seems to have picked up a bit as an FFL small shop owner. I have folks that are willing to pay me to clean their rifle after deer season. I am constantly running a flatblade screw driver into the web of my hand. Tweaking my back because ammo is heavy. Then on my days off I am doing the same sh*t , plus home projects and honey do's. I feel your pain brother.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

take a break and have some coffee man... although might want to put in in a sippy cup so you dont spill it on yourself or something :mrgreen:

Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
tallburnedmidget
Silent But Deadly

Post by tallburnedmidget »

Damn man, get to the next week asap :)
Steve Urquell
Silent But Deadly

Post by Steve Urquell »

Seems like when you're injured it leads to other injuries as your body doesn't react right and you're a little "off" on your mindset. Slow it down until you heal.