Hug your mother.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

gds
Silent But Deadly

Hug your mother.

Post by gds »

On December 1st 2018, my mother lost her battle with multiple health issues. To include liver failure, heart disease and diabetes. She lived a good life. Raised three boys. Had two daughters one who did not live out of childhood, and one who is mentally and physically handicapped severely. My mother Dealt with more than any one person should ever have to deal with with pain loss and suffering. We laid her body to rest on December 14th 2018.

I can't always say I was an exemplary son. Nor would I claim it. And she would have told you that she wasn't always the best mother. But she certainly was the best mother I had.

One of my favorite stories in remembering my mother was when I was 17 years old. I wanted to join the United States Army. My mother, who has always been very supportive of the military, was still uncomfortable with the idea of it being her son. As I would expect from any mother. As we debated, and argued my reasons for joining the military, one evening when the argument got slightly heated, and we ended up in the garage. Mom asked me point-blank question.

"Why do you want to join the Army so badly."

And me with my 17 years of pure Brilliance, and intelligence blurted out

" because I'm tired of everybody telling me what to do."

Now, if you completed reading the last sentence and begin to laugh. Understand that that is exactly what my mother did that evening. She began to laugh hysterically, to the point the argument ended. And she walked back into the house continually laughing, leaving me standing there stewing in my anger because she failed to realize my pure brilliance.

At oh-dark-thirty between June 19th and June 20th of 1991, as I arrived at Fort Benning Georgia with a group of young boys, and this big scary black guy with a Smokey the bear hat stepped onto the bus and begin to yell at us. I then realized why my mom had been laughing so hard. And I was not anywhere as smart as I thought I was.

I miss her, tremendously. I have shed many tears at her loss, but I am so glad that I can also celebrate her life.

If your mother is still with you, I strongly encourage you to go by to see her as soon as possible and give her a big hug.
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Re: Hug your mother.

Post by dellet »

Thanks for the reminder gds, mothers are special people.

I will say that the first thing that came to mind reading your story, is how lucky you are to have been having that argument with your mother so long ago. Had that been more recently, she surely would have met you the very next day with a swab stick and self addressed envelope to the local DNA lab.

I know from other things you have shared, how much you loved her, and that will never die. Don’t forget the the wife and kids, it works both ways.
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

Gary, you know how much I grieve over my Mother's death. That pain never fully leaves you, yet it is what makes us essentially human. As my Mom slipped from me, and could no longer speak but was conscience, I told her that I was sorry to have been such a hardass, she didn't deserve it. Her eyes said everything to me and no words were needed. A Mother's love transcends heaven, death and is the most powerful of forces. She walks with you everyday, as mine does.
Love you brother.
Mike
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

my condolences on your loss.

losing a loved one is never easy, and its even tougher this time of year.

your mom sounds like a wonderful woman - she cant have done too badly if she ended up with you :)
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
Freedom1973
Silent But Deadly

Post by Freedom1973 »

So sorry for your loss GDS.
You are in our prayers. Celebrate her life and know she is watching over you.
SwampDog_13
Silent But Deadly

Post by SwampDog_13 »

Praying for you and your's brother, sorry for your loss.
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

Thank you, all of you.
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
ThreeHundredBlackout
Silent But Deadly

Post by ThreeHundredBlackout »

Gds,
Sorry to hear about your Mother, it's not a fun thing to go through at all, but God is there to help get you through the hard times as he always is, im praying for you.

I can't remember if i said much on here, but i lost my Dad about 1&1/2 yrs ago and still get watery eyes when i think about missing him, but The Lord Jesus Christ is there to help you and go through it with you.

If you ever want someone to talk to just pm me, be glad to do anything i can.

Praying for you.
Only Jesus Christ Saves ! ! !
TRshootem
Silent But Deadly

Post by TRshootem »

GDS, my heart aches for you. I remember my mothers passing as my sister and I witnessed her last breath. She lost the fight to COPD, asbestos and years of smoking. My wife's parents passed 58 hours apart a couple years after both of mine were gone. I do at times wish for some do-overs. Grieving is good, then go on and make the most of this life.
Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dolomite_Supafly »

You have my number if you need to talk. My mother passed a few months back.
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!