I'm tired

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Freedom1973
Silent But Deadly

Re: I'm tired

Post by Freedom1973 »

Rebel,
Sorry you are having a difficult go of it lately. Pet the dog, get some rest, and keep doing what you do best. If you need to tongue lash a relative noob I can post a picture or two of my recent load experiments.
I am sure things will turn around.
Freedom
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

Careful with the sympathy folks. :roll:

He ain't feeling near as tired as he is old. :lol:

His kid's getting married and they're already discussing what the kids will be calling grandpa Rebel. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

He's got all the "really old Guys" who come into the shop and talk about the grandkids. Next thing you know he'll be down at the local diner with a coffee cup in hand, shooting gophers up and down the lunch counter. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

Freedom1973 wrote:Rebel,
Sorry you are having a difficult go of it lately. Pet the dog, get some rest, and keep doing what you do best. If you need to tongue lash a relative noob I can post a picture or two of my recent load experiments.
Freedom
Well, I didn't post that for sympathy - but I'm human, so I appreciate everyone's concern.
I sell reloading supplies as well, higher profit margin and that gets us by a bit. You never want panic buying, as John A said, it's nearly impossible for a small LGS to get what he needs in those situations. 22 ammo - freed up now but who would of thought it would be nearly impossible to get a few years back?
I'm determined to make this work. I've taken in a lot of estate collections on consignment to fluff up inventory. I'll be OK.
The deer thing bugs me more than selling the Colt. Wildlife officers are strung pretty thin here, but at least they know about it. Thinking of planting my hay field in some pines. Won't feed deer but will provide cover. Farmer pays me around 200 a year for the hay. Pines would pay 3200 an acre in 25 years. Nice pay day for my wife as Ill probably be mumbling and crapping my pants at that point, if not pushing up daisies.
Tongue lashing? Jeez do I do that? :shock: Not a unless your mixing powders for loading :mrgreen:
dellet, if I remember you got me buy a few years you geezer.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Post by bangbangping »

Watch what you say about geezers. :twisted:

Do you guys have state-sponsored drawings for hunting? Don't know how it works elsewhere, but I manage to get on a hunt every other year or so here for very few dollars. This year I got picked for a hog hunt and a management deer hunt with a three deer limit. Not being able to hunt is unacceptable.
AggieJim
Silent Operator

Post by AggieJim »

Hang tough.

I get that. We all have things that happen and in time good things happen.

As far as deer hunting, a wealthy neighbor has a 8' game fence around part of my property becasuse he has exotic animals (Axis Deer, and Elk) in Central Texas plus some Angus. The game fence keeps the deer from moving.

However, it is his property and he can do that.
Freedom1973
Silent But Deadly

Post by Freedom1973 »

rebel wrote:
Freedom1973 wrote:Rebel,
Freedom
Well, I didn't post that for sympathy - but I'm human, so I appreciate everyone's concern.
I sell reloading supplies as well, higher profit margin and that gets us by a bit. You never want panic buying, as John A said, it's nearly impossible for a small LGS to get what he needs in those situations. 22 ammo - freed up now but who would of thought it would be nearly impossible to get a few years back?
I'm determined to make this work. I've taken in a lot of estate collections on consignment to fluff up i. nventoryI'll be OK.
The deer thing bugs me more than selling the Colt. Wildlife officers are strung pretty thin here, but at least they know about it. Thinking of planting my hay field in some pines. Won't feed deer but will provide cover. Farmer pays me around 200 a year for the hay. Pines would pay 3200 an acre in 25 years. Nice pay day for my wife as Ill probably be mumbling and crapping my pants at that point, if not pushing up daisies.
Tongue lashing? Jeez do I do that? :shock: Not a unless your mixing powders for loading :mrgreen:
dellet, if I remember you got me buy a few years you geezer.
I would be interested in seeing what might be in that inventory.
Hopefully the deer situation will improve.
I would never mix powders unless I wanted to take a dirt nap.
Sharkbite
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sharkbite »

Hey Rebel,

Is there a way to post some of your inventory here? Im always in the hunt for cool stuff.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

Sharkbite wrote:Hey Rebel,

Is there a way to post some of your inventory here? Im always in the hunt for cool stuff.
For everything I have - that would be daunting. Even a small shop racks up 250 K in inventory pretty quick.
PM me what you are interested in, genre' wise, so I can narrow that down. Classic rifles, old military, bench rest, classic shotguns or mtm bullet boxes and deer pee :mrgreen:
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

rebel wrote:
Sharkbite wrote:Hey Rebel,

For everything I have - that would be daunting. Even a small shop racks up 250 K in inventory pretty quick.
PM me what you are interested in, genre' wise, so I can narrow that down. Classic rifles, old military, bench rest, classic shotguns or mtm bullet boxes and deer pee :mrgreen:
And don't forget.

The boxes of old weaver scope rails for multiple revolvers, rifles, and maybe even a shotgun or 2. You know, that box that ends up in every single gunshop older than 10 years. 8) :lol: :mrgreen:
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

keep your chin up... as you know its about the long term story.

sucks you wont get to spend much time huntin, i feel ya there as i typcailly only get around 4-5 days per year to enjoy time in the woods after bambi's dad.

last year at 9 days was one of the most hunted seasons for me in years and years.

you'll get her there. fingers crossed to no more panic buys anytime soon.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.