Senior Silent Operator

Re: Rebel Says

Post by Roverhound »

Am I the only one who wants to shot that pumpkin? /\
GregP42
Silent Operator

Post by GregP42 »

John A. wrote:Pretty close to Neon. I live just on the other side of the mountain in Harlan.

This is at the gap where you cross the peak of pine mountain and start down the other side down into Whitesburg.

Small world. Nice to meet you.
Yea, who knows we might be kin even, Lord knows I can't swing a cat up there with out hitting a cousin in the head! I saw one the biggest bull elks I have ever seen a 7x7 on that hill side between Whitesburg and Cowan branch, the one that over looks the ball field.

Greg
NRA Life member
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Post by John A. »

Yeah, I know right where the ballfield is. I drove right by it almost every day for 2 years when I was working in Jenkins with Charter Cable. I worked Jenkins, Neon, jackhorn, McRoberts and over in Pound Virginia and south fork.

Unfortunately, I haven't seen an elk in almost 2 years. We had a sizable herd of 14 for a long time, then they suddently disappeared about the time that the state announced they were opening an animal preserve/sanctuary animal rights activist school the next county over in Bell county. I think they were tracked and relocated to be honest. I know of no other explanation where an entire established and healthy herd would disappear suddenly otherwise. As you can see by the dates on the pictures, they were there for several years.

We had some really big bulls too and we wouldn't allow anyone to hunt them on the property.

When those totally ignorant of firearms make laws, you end up with totally ignorant firearm laws.
Sithlord
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sithlord »

Roverhound wrote:Am I the only one who wants to shot that pumpkin? /\
This has been a family tradition for several years... A few days ago, my daughter asked when we were doing that this year; happily obliged!
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Post by bangbangping »

Sithlord wrote:
Roverhound wrote:Am I the only one who wants to shot that pumpkin? /\
This has been a family tradition for several years... A few days ago, my daughter asked when we were doing that this year; happily obliged!
Sounds like a good tradition. Don't forget Christmas tree hunting season opens soon.