Rebel Says

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

John A.
Silent But Deadly

Re: Rebel Says

Post by John A. »

Your picture reminds me of home :P

For those that don't know, there's a whole lot of mountain underneath of that fog.

This picture is took not far from Kingdom Come, looking over from the peak of Pine Mountain down over into Whitesburg KY.

When those totally ignorant of firearms make laws, you end up with totally ignorant firearm laws.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

John A. wrote:Your picture reminds me of home :P

For those that don't know, there's a whole lot of mountain underneath of that fog.

This picture is took not far from Kingdom Come, looking over from the peak of Pine Mountain down over into Whitesburg KY.

Cause it is home.... I Look at that every morning from the valley going up to work. Can see for a while.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Post by bangbangping »

John A. wrote:Just to tell you, I still have a few swigs of his moonshine left. Yes, I am very serious.

Tastes a lot like my Grandmothers.
If he gave me moonshine that tasted like grandmothers I wouldn't drink it either. :shock:
rebel, seriously?
BlogSarge
Silent But Deadly

Post by BlogSarge »

bangbangping wrote:
John A. wrote:Just to tell you, I still have a few swigs of his moonshine left. Yes, I am very serious.

Tastes a lot like my Grandmothers.
If he gave me moonshine that tasted like grandmothers I wouldn't drink it either. :shock:
rebel, seriously?
An apostrophe, an apostrophe, my kingdom for an apostrophe!
BoomerVF14
Silent But Deadly

Post by BoomerVF14 »

What, people don't usually eat their grandmothers? Well, gonna hafta change some plans...
GregP42
Silent Operator

Post by GregP42 »

John A. wrote:Your picture reminds me of home :P

Crap, I know where that is. I lived near Blackey for a few. Pappaw was from Neon, still got family there all the way over to Pippa Passes.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/410yltfx1mkpt ... 1.jpg?dl=0

That if it works is from top of Bull Creek.
Greg
NRA Life member
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Post by John A. »

Pretty close to Neon. I live just on the other side of the mountain in Harlan.

This is at the gap where you cross the peak of pine mountain and start down the other side down into Whitesburg.

Small world. Nice to meet you.
When those totally ignorant of firearms make laws, you end up with totally ignorant firearm laws.
BlogSarge
Silent But Deadly

Post by BlogSarge »

BoomerVF14 wrote:What, people don't usually eat their grandmothers? Well, gonna hafta change some plans...
Punction saves lives!

“Let’s eat, Grandma” vs. “Let’s eat Grandma”. :mrgreen:

Those mountain scenes are beautiful, and the ‘shine talk has me working up a powerful thirst.

One of these days, this ole Yankee is gonna risk a trip down to Rebel territory to drink in both the scenery and ‘shine. Spent a few weeks years ago at Pine Mountain Settlement School and loved it. Beautiful land, beautiful folks, and to-die-for southern cooking. Man. I’ve got a hunger for some fresh poke salad again.
smustian
Silent But Deadly

Post by smustian »

BlogSarge wrote: One of these days, this ole Yankee is gonna risk a trip down to Rebel territory to drink in both the scenery and ‘shine. Spent a few weeks years ago at Pine Mountain Settlement School and loved it. Beautiful land, beautiful folks, and to-die-for southern cooking. Man. I’ve got a hunger for some fresh poke salad again.
Watch the movie "Deliverance" before you plan your trip. :lol:
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Post by John A. »

Yeah, Pine Mountain Settlement School is really something else. Not far from my house at all. You ever make your way back to there, look me up.

https://pinemountainsettlement.net/?page_id=6330