Help me chose a national gun rights group!

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Jarem08
Silent Operator

Help me chose a national gun rights group!

Post by Jarem08 »

I am part of my state gun rights group and have just recently re-upped for that.

However, I also want to try to help a national group.

I know one group is the NRA. However, I am not happy with them as I have seen how they have carried themselves not only in my state but others and their actions and reactions are...shall I say...less than impressive.

So, here is my options:

Gun Owners of America - I am presently a member with them and my renewal is coming up in February. They were there in the "march for our lives" this last year and they were trying to talk with and get a positive name out. - $20

Second Amendment Foundation - They have done some great work and are really fighting hard - $15

Defense Distributed - They also are putting a lot of weight into the fight and won the right to put 3D printer plans up on the web - $40 (This, right now, is a little out of my budget but I can save for it if this is gtg).

What do you all think? I can only chose one. Appreciate the help.
AggieJim
Silent Operator

Re: Help me chose a national gun rights group!

Post by AggieJim »

Look at Gun Owners of America.

Rachel Malone here in Texas is the Director for Texas. She is a GO GETTER, smart, hard working, and a heck of a shooter, especially in Run and Gun.

https://www.facebook.com/rachel.malone.TX
Jarem08
Silent Operator

Post by Jarem08 »

Thank you.

I am a member of GOA because of how they handled a few of the other events. The main guy was on capital hill when I called and was trying to hold meetings with groups.

In FL, they were at the march when, as far as I know, none of the other groups where there.

I am leaning toward keeping up with them but wanted to see if anyone had better knowledge than I did on these groups.

I was made aware of another group called Firearms Policy Coalition. But I know nothing about them and would want to stay with who I know.

ETA: Your statement got me thinking. I wonder who our director is. So I went looking and ran across this (https://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/04/us/p ... uence.html). I am happy to see this. I know it is old but still good :mrgreen: !
Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for government but illegal for the citizenry - Thomas Jefferson

It is when a people forget God, that tyrants forge their chains - Patrick Henry

GOA member!
mp15spt2

Post by mp15spt2 »

Jarem08
Silent Operator

Post by Jarem08 »

They have done a lot of good. They are a good choice.
Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for government but illegal for the citizenry - Thomas Jefferson

It is when a people forget God, that tyrants forge their chains - Patrick Henry

GOA member!