Today is the day.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

gds
Silent But Deadly

Re: Today is the day.

Post by gds »

AggieJim wrote:Congratulations.

God is there with them as they start their life.
Thank You Jim.

If there is one thing I am sure of God has orchestrated all of this for them. It has been amazing to watch God put things into place for them,
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

John A. wrote:It's not easy. I imagine it's especially not easy with a daughter.

This is why it's so important to teach them while they're young and growing up, because they're not always going to be little and will someday be grown up and that day seems to come too fast.

I suspect you've taught her well. And there will still be plenty of times when she will still need her mommy and daddy.

If you have a few extra minutes before, read this link because ever since the beginning, this is the way that God had planned.

https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Bi ... -Marriage/
Thank You John.

The only way to make a Marriage really work for God is to adhere to the biblical principles found in those Scripture verses and many others. Both of them having a firm Foundation in Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ gives me a comfort that only he can give.
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

smustian wrote:Don't worry gds. She may be taking a big step in her life but she also knows that you are just a phone call away. I gave my daughter away about 8 years ago and still talk to her on a regular basis, go to movies, lunch, etc. She may move out of the house but she will never be out of your life.
Thankfully she is only moving about 4 miles away. I told them both yesterday during my speech at the reception that they now have each other to support one another but they also have a support network of family and friends that will be there for them.
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

dellet wrote:I kid gds about the big day today, but those that have been around here a few years will remember that he’s not gaining a son inlaw, he’s losing armed security. :shock:

This fine young lady was home with the younger brothers and sisters a few years back when trouble came rolling down the driveway. They caught a glimpse of her with a phone in one hand a shotgun in the other. Changed their minds pretty quick.

He and his wife raise some damn good kids.

Here’s to another generation of good people, the world needs all we can get.
Thank you dellet,

Her 21st birthday present was an M&P 9c. 8) and I am sure there will be more to follow.
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

rebel wrote:A lovely young lady going to (what gary tells me) is a fine young man. I'm not sure he knows what he is getting into but will figure it out :mrgreen: Congrats to the couple. Gary, you will be OK. Stand by me in November whan my boy gets married.
Stand by me again whenever my daughter does........ackkk. Makes me freaky now and she's just 13 :|
Thanks Rebel. I have 2 more girls to go thru, uggh.

Honestly man I had such an overwhelming amount of emotions yesterday, many I have never dealt with before. I did not see her in her dress till moments before walking her down the aisle. I was speechless. My buddy had to stop me and remind me to breath. After we got to the front of the church, as I was presenting her to him. I grabbed his hand and placed her hand in his. That was the first time they touched. It is old fashion, but the significance of means so much. After the vows and rings and when the pastor, who happens to be his father, said he could kiss his bride, my Daughter attacked the poor boy :lol: . And of course they could not keep their hands or lips of each other the rest of the reception. Past that I can't think about :oops: :shock: :lol:
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

MMA10mm wrote:Congrats gds. I'm sure he passed muster. And you can look forward to grandkids now! :mrgreen:
Thanks.

My middle son asked yesterday at the reception, "Dad, how long till they start having babies" I had to tell him, at least 9 months from now. LOL
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

added a few pictures to the original post
Freedom1973
Silent But Deadly

Post by Freedom1973 »

gds wrote:I lose my little Girl and gain a great young man who will make her a great Husband.

I won't lie. My emotions are all over the place.

Added the Happy Couple.

The ring bearer is her little brother and the flower girl is his little sister.

And yes the ring bearer is wearing a cape. :mrgreen:
Congratulations!!!!