I have to vent.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

gds
Silent But Deadly

I have to vent.

Post by gds »

Honestly I am going to whine for a few minutes. Rough week so far.

To start with my mom, who has multiple severe medical issues to include diabetes, heart disease, her kidneys are less than 25%, Stage 4 liver disease, Other issues that I am probably not remembering. was given 6 months to 2 years 3.5 years ago and it is finally catching up. Her body is shutting down and with so many medical problems the doctors are having a hard time diagnosing what currently has her in the hospital. My Brother lives next door to her but he has never been able to override mom, because she constantly tells him she is OK when she is not. Thankfully my Uncle, her youngest brother, stopped by and made her go to the hospital. She has told me she is tired and has given up, which I understand, but still sucks. She told me the other day she is trying to stay alive thru my daughters wedding on the 22nd which she cannot attend because of her health. But after that, I beleive that will be it for her, if she can make it that far. We are going to stream it for her to see. Praying she will be coherent enough to actually understand.

My Dad, (step dad) is in severe dementia and really does not know what is going on. I want to bring him from Idaho to NC when mom goes, but the change in losing my mom and then taking him away from my brother, we are all afraid will be too much. So he will stay in Idaho, close to my brother. Who has been a great support to my parents.

Of course also planning and paying for a wedding, trying to make sure everything is perfect for my little girl, who is a great kid and has turned into a wonderful young lady.

And now a hurricane is heading our way, which could possible muck up all kinds of things to do with the wedding.

Not sure if I should cry or go punch something.

ETA. Oh yeah, and to top it all off my credit card was compromised. Which makes it great when you're trying to pay for a bunch of wedding stuff.
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Re: I have to vent.

Post by rebel »

I have often wondered, my Mom always said that God never lays more on your shoulders than you can carry. If that is the case, why have my knees buckled at times? Sure does seem as if we get tested often. Stay strong buddy.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
cwlongshot
Silent But Deadly

Post by cwlongshot »

rebel wrote:I have often wondered, my Mom always said that God never lays more on your shoulders than you can carry. If that is the case, why have my knees buckled at times? Sure does seem as if we get tested often. Stay strong buddy.

This brings to mind that picture of foot steps in the same... how there was two and then when things where really bad, looking down there was but a single set. And the author had lost faith.. Only to learn that in fact the steps where from our lord who was carrying him...

Prayers for all involved Brother...

CW

EDIT:

Actual "poem"

One night I dreamed a dream.
As I was walking along the beach with my Lord.
Across the dark sky flashed scenes from my life.
For each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand,
One belonging to me and one to my Lord.

After the last scene of my life flashed before me,
I looked back at the footprints in the sand.
I noticed that at many times along the path of my life,
especially at the very lowest and saddest times,
there was only one set of footprints.

This really troubled me, so I asked the Lord about it.
"Lord, you said once I decided to follow you,
You'd walk with me all the way.
But I noticed that during the saddest and most troublesome times of my life,
there was only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why, when I needed You the most, You would leave me."

He whispered, "My precious child, I love you and will never leave you
Never, ever, during your trials and testings.
When you saw only one set of footprints,
It was then that I carried you."
A Bolt, Single Shot and a few M$Rs

Join me on RUMBLE! Https://rumble.com/user/cwlongshot

https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

I PROUDLY SUPPORT LAW ENFORCEMENT & OUR TROOPS
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

The first winter we were in our current house was a record snow year. Generally after a 10-12hour day, I would come home and move snow for a couple hours, then all day on Saturday was spent working the piles back farther to make room for the next week.

At one point that winter my in laws who are about a mile down the road left for a week, so I had to keep roads and drives at both places open. At some point we some how managed to have my wife’s car stuck blocking one access road, the mother in laws car blocking the one way in and out of our place, leaving the only vehicle not stuck or inaccessible, my truck. Wife drops me off at work early so she can get to work on Friday morning. All we have to do is get through one more day and I have the weekend to sort it out. 4 pm the call comes in. She’s in tears, the truck is stuck in 2 feet of fresh snow getting as close to the house as possible.

At this point, the 6 mile walk home I figured would be just about long enough to allow me to appreciate my wife and her desire to live close to her parents again. Saturday dawned beautiful. I had chained up the truck and got it out the night before, so was able to get the car blocking the access road pulled out, which in turn allowed me to get to the fathers in laws snow plow. Things are Golden now. Or at least I thought.

Clearing my drive I got the plow stuck. Now the choice is walk back over to get my truck or use the tractor to pull out the plow. Choice was made for me when the battery died on the tractor before it started.

After retrieving the truck and chains on all four corners, I managed to get it to approximately 1 1/2 jumper cable lengths away from the tractor battery. This translates to stuck 6” above bottom of the door deep in the snow. Up to the house to grab another set of cables and I see my wife looking out the window trying her best to offer encouragement.

As I offer a small wave trying to suppress the thought of this whole drama starting because she didn’t listen and chose to not wait for me to clear the drive way, sticking the first car and setting off the chain of events that had me walking up the driveway. I realize that all I see is sky and treetops. That was the brief moment between the feet coming out from under me on the freshly plowed ice, and landing flat on my back. As I laid there comptenplating the universe and the sins I must have committed to deserve all this, the face of an angel appears above me. Great, death has saved me from further torment. She quietly asks first if I’m alright, then if I would like some lunch.

By the time I had a battery charger hooked to the tractor, lunch was ready. By the time lunch was over the tractor was running, which pushed the truck out of the snow and allowed me to get to the plow and pull it out. Allowing me to clear the rest of the drive and pull out the last car. It wasn’t the last adventure that winter, but it was the turning point of my view of it.

Sometimes life just irons you flat out, that’s generally when the angels appear. Here’s hoping you fall on your ass soon. :mrgreen:

Your mom is but a short drive away.

Take good care my friend.
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
AggieJim
Silent Operator

Post by AggieJim »

I have been through similar matters.

God is good and will not forsake you.

God bless you and your family.
Freedom1973
Silent But Deadly

Post by Freedom1973 »

My wife lost her oldest daughter to cancer at the age of 12. There were times when she just couldn't take any more. God gave her the strength to just keep going. She screamed. She cried. She punched walls. She had to be strong for her youngest daughter. They got through it together. They now have an amazing bond and have healed from a tragic loss.
GDS,
You are not alone. We are here if you need us. We have credit cards that work if you need them.
Enjoy your daughter's wedding and congratulations.
Freedom
Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dolomite_Supafly »

I lost my mother a little over a week ago. I had not spoken to her in a VERY long time. The drama from my father and brother was not worth it.

Standing next to my mother as we prepare to remove life support my father decided to lecture me about what I needed to say to my mother as well as telling me he is going to do things I will not like. I do not and have never wanted anything from them but he is saying when he reads her will in front of everybody I won’t like he is going to say. I am not going to let him ridicule and belittle me in front of God and the world so he can punish me. My father threatened to “take care of my family and I” if I ever talked to the police.

My father is moving my brother in with him. They live 500 yards down the road and it is the same brother who tried to kill my family and I. My father said it is my responsibility to take care of my brother, financially and in other ways, but I refuse to do that. So I suspect I will end up on the wrong end of a gun again at some point because he has been threatening to finish what he started.
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

Thank you gentleman.

DS, I am so sorry that you have had to go thru so much garbage. You are too good of a man to have to put up with that.
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
Freedom1973
Silent But Deadly

Post by Freedom1973 »

Dolomite_Supafly wrote:I lost my mother a little over a week ago. I had not spoken to her in a VERY long time. The drama from my father and brother was not worth it.

Standing next to my mother as we prepare to remove life support my father decided to lecture me about what I needed to say to my mother as well as telling me he is going to do things I will not like. I do not and have never wanted anything from them but he is saying when he reads her will in front of everybody I won’t like he is going to say. I am not going to let him ridicule and belittle me in front of God and the world so he can punish me. My father threatened to “take care of my family and I” if I ever talked to the police.

My father is moving my brother in with him. They live 500 yards down the road and it is the same brother who tried to kill my family and I. My father said it is my responsibility to take care of my brother, financially and in other ways, but I refuse to do that. So I suspect I will end up on the wrong end of a gun again at some point because he has been threatening to finish what he started.
DS,
Stay safe. Let us know if you need anything. My condolences on the loss of your mother.
MMA10mm
Silent But Deadly

Post by MMA10mm »

Wow guys!! And to think I had a bad year. I break my ankle and am laid up for 15 weeks, and about half way through my wife contracts serious infection and has seven surgeries and hemorrhages and has no blood pressure for a short time. The hits keep on coming with other family too. My mom fell and broke her ankle about a week before my wife gets out of the hospital...

I just kept telling myself how HUGE God's grace and blessings are, and that I am a lucky man way beyond what I deserve, in spite of whatever troubles have happened. He gets glory and my praise, even when the devil is trying to distract me. I don't know how looking at things any other way would help.

I pray for all of you wonderful guys. You all have shared so much of your personal lives, I feel like I know you. I know, I know you well enough to judge you are all stand-up guys, and I know all these troubles will pass us by in due time. Here's to hoping and praying for a better year in 2019!