Florence

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

smustian
Silent But Deadly

Re: Florence

Post by smustian »

Warning. DO NOT go to excess650's Facebook page. I made the mistake and looked him up and found this.

plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

you guys stay safe down there! from what i saw a bit ago it looks like its stepped down to a cat 2 with only 105mph winds. so that will help, but if the damn thing doesnt get a move on and just sits there... its gonna dump a masive ammount of rain down :/

on a positive note...

I heard there is a #resistTrump party @myrtlebeach scheduled for friday afternoon, so dont forget to spread the word to your liberal friends so they dont forget about it! the rumor is there will be free PBR & avocado toast and young Hoggwash will be giving a presentation with Michael Moore again. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

Reporters are disappointed that it has been downgraded to a cat 2.

What a bunch of turds.
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

That's the bad thing, folks only look at numbers with storms - not their reloading so much.
As a Cat 2 it's still a monster. No steering currents so it's gonna park it's ass here and take a very extended dump. Wind is scary, water is deadly. When the lowest point in your county is like 600 ft and the highest is 1600 ft and just a few miles West it's 3000 ft up to 5000 ft - you get the picture. It's gotta come downhill.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

smustian wrote:Warning. DO NOT go to excess650's Facebook page. I made the mistake and looked him up and found this.

Ah smus.... dig deeper. That was before his belly band surgery. A deeper glimpse into his history revealed an earlier pic....
excess650
Silent But Deadly

Post by excess650 »

Oh, you boys are just jealous that such manliness will not be shared with you. :lol: Rebel did look cute in his beach attire, bunny ears and all. :wink:

Back to the storm, its track has slowed to a crawl, and that means that much of the Carolinas will literally be under water. As the beah boy mentioned, it flows downhill, so the low country will be inundated for quite some time. Those on higher ground that were prepared with generators and fuel will be glad that they took precautions.

Yes, its disgusting that some of the media seems disappointed that the storm has been downgraded. Too, there are political bad actors already trying to place blame for help that can't yet be deployed.
Black Rifles Matter
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

excess650 wrote:Oh, you boys are just jealous that such manliness will not be shared with you. :lol: Rebel did look cute in his beach attire, bunny ears and all. :wink:

Back to the storm, its track has slowed to a crawl, and that means that much of the Carolinas will literally be under water. As the beah boy mentioned, it flows downhill, so the low country will be inundated for quite some time. Those on higher ground that were prepared with generators and fuel will be glad that they took precautions.

Yes, its disgusting that some of the media seems disappointed that the storm has been downgraded. Too, there are political bad actors already trying to place blame for help that can't yet be deployed.
Been hoping a 4x4 post would go through a weather channel guys head..... Not Stephanie Abrams though, I'll hope she stays safe - humma humma.
10Driver
Senior Silent Operator

Post by 10Driver »

gds wrote:Reporters are disappointed that it has been downgraded to a cat 2.

What a bunch of turds.

The wife noticed the same thing. That they’re disappointed it’s a Cat 2.
excess650
Silent But Deadly

Post by excess650 »

The folks being rescued from rooftops aren't disappointed. New Bern has 10' of water, and its on the north side of the storm. High tide was around 23:00 and will be again around 11:00. High tide on the north side will see the highest surges, and this storm's forward movement, currently west, has slowed to a crawl. With the slow movement and heavy rainfall, the Carolinas will be a swampy mess for days or even weeks. Some folks don't realize that this isn't just wind and water. The rising water, flood water, will be carrying anything and everything from garbage, sewage, chemicals, fuel, snakes, and dead animals. All of this will settle onto the piedmont as the water recedes. :shock:
Black Rifles Matter
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

10Driver wrote:
gds wrote:Reporters are disappointed that it has been downgraded to a cat 2.

What a bunch of turds.

The wife noticed the same thing. That they’re disappointed it’s a Cat 2.

they've all been frothing at the mouth, hoping for katrina 2.0 or andrew 2.0....

however that stands true for the last 5 or 6 hurricanes that have hit the US. its sickening.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.