Florence

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

SwampDog_13
Silent But Deadly

Re: Florence

Post by SwampDog_13 »

Alright fellers, we made it. Not unscathed but made it. Most of everything is under water right now with more rain coming in tonight. I’ve been locked up her at the plant since Wednesday night. I should be able to leave by Thursday but as of right now all roads to or from my house have been destroyed. Will be a few days before I can report back.

Hope everyone else is doing well. Reb, she’s putting a lot of water down. Y’all stay safe.
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Post by John A. »

I'm glad you're safe. That's what's most important.

Roads can be repaired.

Carpet can be replaced.

Glad you're OK.

Being a little further west of you, we've gotten some tapering light and heavy rain off the hurricane the last few days but nothing like what you guys have had to deal with. Glad you guys are ok.
When those totally ignorant of firearms make laws, you end up with totally ignorant firearm laws.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

SwampDog_13 wrote:Alright fellers, we made it. Not unscathed but made it. Most of everything is under water right now with more rain coming in tonight. I’ve been locked up her at the plant since Wednesday night. I should be able to leave by Thursday but as of right now all roads to or from my house have been destroyed. Will be a few days before I can report back.

Hope everyone else is doing well. Reb, she’s putting a lot of water down. Y’all stay safe.
I got nothing compared to y'all. About 7 inches in 24 hours was it. While that is a lot for hilly country and caused some localized flash flooding, y'all have feet of water and utter destruction. Hoping you get home soon. Be safe.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
Dr.Phil
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dr.Phil »

This is an awesome forum / community!
Much more respectable than places such as ARF 15.

My family and I evacuated and just got back.
Our area couldn't have been closer to things without suffering massive damage.
If it were 30 miles further north, we would have looked like New Bern, NC.

All USCG air assets are operating out of Air Station Elizabeth City, NC and are operating at max tempo.
Shallow water rescue continues to be our #1 priority and medium range surveillance air craft are being utilized to locate survivors.

Thanks for everyone's thoughts and prayers...
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly,
don't tell them where they know the fish."
--Mark Twain
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

Dr.Phil wrote:This is an awesome forum / community!
Much more respectable than places such as ARF 15.

My family and I evacuated and just got back.
Our area couldn't have been closer to things without suffering massive damage.
If it were 30 miles further north, we would have looked like New Bern, NC.

All USCG air assets are operating out of Air Station Elizabeth City, NC and are operating at max tempo.
Shallow water rescue continues to be our #1 priority and medium range surveillance air craft are being utilized to locate survivors.

Thanks for everyone's thoughts and prayers...
Good to have you check in safe.

Hope not too much structural damage or flooding
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

Phil. swamp if you need anything like TP, paper towels, wipes, canned goods or potable water I can try and meet you middle way sometime on Sunday. It's a 3.5 hour drive to Raleigh from me, 3 to Laurinburg. Just let me know. Not sure how cut off you boys are.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

rebel wrote:Phil. swamp if you need anything like TP, paper towels, wipes, canned goods or potable water I can try and meet you middle way sometime on Sunday. It's a 3.5 hour drive to Raleigh from me, 3 to Laurinburg. Just let me know. Not sure how cut off you boys are.
I live about 30 minutes south of Raleigh. If there is any help you need and I can give, let me know guys.
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
Dr.Phil
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dr.Phil »

I'm in E-City, were totally good.
Thanks for the offer!

My office is in the background of this photo.

This forum / community is truly exceptional.
Like I said, we literally dodged a bullet.
This area would have looked exactly like New Bern if the storm was just a few more miles north.
We have the same terrain and water profile. (New Bern is about 1 1/2 hours SW of me.)
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly,
don't tell them where they know the fish."
--Mark Twain
ozleux
Silent But Deadly

Post by ozleux »

Glad to hear all is well. Kudos to the USCG. I don't think those folks get near enough credit for the work that they do.
Malinois, it's French for "Don't get one"
Freedom1973
Silent But Deadly

Post by Freedom1973 »

Thanks For checking in and letting us know. It could have been a lot worse. Let us know if you need anything guys. God bless.