Photobucket restores photos “taken hostage,” hopes to lure back customers with cheaper plans..

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

gds
Silent But Deadly

Photobucket restores photos “taken hostage,” hopes to lure back customers with cheaper plans..

Post by gds »

Looks like Photobucket is trying to correct their huge blunder last year.

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/05/17/p ... ing-plans/

Still don't like them.
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Re: Photobucket restores photos “taken hostage,” hopes to lure back customers with cheaper plans..

Post by John A. »

They're not trying to correct their "blunder".

They're pandering to people hoping to squeeze them for what they can get out of them.

They were too optimistic in thinking people would pay that kind of money for their crappy service.

They're in the same league as yahoo/oath and cheaper than dirt. They're dead to me.

I saved all the photos that I wanted back to my machine, deleted everything I had on their site manually so they can't claim any kind of ownership because it was hosted on their site at one time or another, then asked them to delete the empty account.
When those totally ignorant of firearms make laws, you end up with totally ignorant firearm laws.
rlandry6
Silent But Deadly

Re: Photobucket restores photos “taken hostage,” hopes to lure back customers with cheaper plans..

Post by rlandry6 »

It has been so long since I've used them, I don't miss them at all. Even with a reduced fee, it's only a matter of time before they go for another money grab.They've probably been taking lessons from Zuckerberg.
Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
ArmedInfidel
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Post by John A. »

And why I deleted everything manually before requesting to close my account.

I noticed that Yahoo wants to share the photos and other things INSIDE your emails with other companies now too according to their last update.

I switched to proton email. It's not yahoo's business what I talk about or share pictures of with my friends and family.
When those totally ignorant of firearms make laws, you end up with totally ignorant firearm laws.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

i'm hoping this will allow me to retreive all my images there finally. *fingers crossed*

once i do, i'll probably 86 my account too.

fool me once - shame on you and all that.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
BulletFactory
Silent Operator

Post by BulletFactory »

Yepp that bridge fire has burnt out long ago.