Silent But Deadly

yeti cuts ties with NRA - refuses to sell products to the NRA foundation

Post by plant.one »

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2018042 ... foundation

DATE: April 20, 2018
TO: USF & NRA Member and Friends
USF Executive Director
NRA Past President

For years YETI Coolers have been a hot item for sportsmen at the Friends of NRA Foundation Banquet and Auction events around the country.

These Foundation events raise money to support youth programs and educational programs nationwide. The youth of America who benefit from these programs are the future hunters, hikers, fishermen/women, bikers, campers, wildlife photographers, mountain climbers, sportsmen/women and conservationists who will protect our natural resources and recreational lands.

Suddenly, without prior notice, YETI has declined to do business with The NRA Foundation saying they no longer wish to be an NRA vendor, and refused to say why. They will only say they will no longer sell products to The NRA Foundation. That certainly isn't sportsmanlike. In fact, YETI should be ashamed. They have declined to continue helping America's young people enjoy outdoor recreational activities. These activities enable them to appreciate America and enjoy our natural resources with wholesome and healthy
outdoor recreational and educational programs.

The NRA Foundation is 501(c)(3) non-profit, charitable organization.

In this day and age, information is power. We thought you needed this information.

https://www.yeti.com/contact-us.html

YETI

CORPORATE OFFICE
7601 Southwest Parkway
Austin, TX 78735
1-512-394-9384
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
gds
Silent But Deadly

Re: yeti cuts ties with NRA - refuses to sell products to the NRA foundation

Post by gds »

Just one more reason not to buy their overpriced coolers.
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Post by John A. »

I have no yeti products, however, I am not an NRA member either.

I like GOA a whole lot better.
When those totally ignorant of firearms make laws, you end up with totally ignorant firearm laws.
DutchV
Silent But Deadly

Post by DutchV »

Yeti doesn't understand their target demographic very well.
Making the bad man go away since 1982.
Omega
Silent But Deadly

Post by Omega »

I guess they can sell to Dicks to fill their shelves with now that they're targeting the same lefty demographic.
"Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
~Pericles~
Boolit_Head
Silent But Deadly

Post by Boolit_Head »

No Wonder, it's a Austin company. Austin is the bastion of the looney liberals in Texas.
Jim Timber
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jim Timber »

They might have started things in the "mostly indestructible" (always overpriced) cooler segment, but there's a lot of companies out there making them these days and no one will miss them. Might have some guys needing to scrape decals off their rear windows on the pickup, but I think they'll get over it pretty quick otherwise.

Eff 'em...
https://squareup.com/market/SimpleThreadedDevices
https://www.facebook.com/SimpleThreadedDevices
Mike7.62
Silent But Deadly

Post by Mike7.62 »

I have two, both bought with Cabelas points. Won't be getting another, and will try and remove the Yeti logo on the existing coolers, and possibly replace it with an NRA logo if I can locate one suitable. I will never have another Yeti, nor will I fly on Delta, nor rent an Enterprise car, even though the latter two were my go to companies in the past. I can ply politics too, but with my wallet vice virtue signalling FBO the latest SJW fad.
A Boy Named Sue
Senior Silent Operator

Post by A Boy Named Sue »

Dicks Sporting Goods: We're the best at alienating customers and losing business!

Yeti: Hold my overpriced tumbler and watch this!
The time calls for dark men to do dark things.
Do not be afraid to lead them to it.
Flatliner
Silent But Deadly

Post by Flatliner »

While Yeti is backtracking and trying to say, 'no, we didn't do that' I personally am going to make a point of asking each of the places I shop to stop carrying them. Bullying law abiding and legal firearms owners and their advocates is unacceptable.

To those who say, 'I'm not a member of the NRA', I would encourage you to reconsider. While not perfect, there is simply no other organization who is more consistently standing up for your rights. I KNOW the reasons they aren't perfect and I KNOW they haven't always stood up for everything BUT we need unity on our side of the argument.