Coward of Broward County

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

DeaneM1A
Senior Silent Operator

Coward of Broward County

Post by DeaneM1A »

Apparently there are currently more police officers guarding the coward than guarding school children in Broward County. Six squad cars! They need a new Sheriff!
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Re: Coward of Broward County

Post by John A. »

Agreed.

Once he gets his big pension, he'll be moving to parts unknown, where he'll live out the rest of his life in obscurity.
When those totally ignorant of firearms make laws, you end up with totally ignorant firearm laws.
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

I am really trying to not jump on the bandwagon to condemn this man. But I'm having a hard time finding arguments that would support not condemning him and his lack of action. Unfortunately we know from a ruling from the Supreme Court that law enforcement is under no requirement to come to our Aid. Thankfully I know that there are law enforcement officers that would do anything they had to. Unfortunately this man was not one of them.

I am not 100% sure but I believe I read something this morning that indicated that he does not actually live in the same county and the department that is currently protecting him, is from a different department. But I have not actually watched any news coverage of this.
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
Sithlord
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sithlord »

I think if he is assigned duty to a school, then it is his responsibility and duty to protect. That's his ASSIGNMENT.

A random person on your beat? No duty to protect - I get that.

However, in this case, how is that any different then armed security around one of our elites? Their JOB, and therefore there DUTY, is to protect specific individuals. Police and other security with the ASSIGNED DUTY of protecting the school must be do their duty, or criminal charged for gross dereliction of duty, stripped of any pension, etc. They had ONE JOB. They FAILED.

You don't want that job, with those requirements and demands? Don't sign up for it. Being a member of any profession is still, I believe, voluntary....
golfindia
Silent But Deadly

Post by golfindia »

The guy looks like He couldn't run 100 feet without stroking out. He probably wouldn't have been able to do that much anyway.

His Broward Co. taxpayer funded salary was $101,000 last year.
Mike7.62
Silent But Deadly

Post by Mike7.62 »

gds wrote:I am really trying to not jump on the bandwagon to condemn this man. But I'm having a hard time finding arguments that would support not condemning him and his lack of action. Unfortunately we know from a ruling from the Supreme Court that law enforcement is under no requirement to come to our Aid. Thankfully I know that there are law enforcement officers that would do anything they had to. Unfortunately this man was not one of them.

I am not 100% sure but I believe I read something this morning that indicated that he does not actually live in the same county and the department that is currently protecting him, is from a different department. But I have not actually watched any news coverage of this.

He lives in Palm Beach Co., and is being "guarded" by PBC. I do blame him, whose name is Scot Peterson, and I also blame the other members of both the FBI and the Broward Co. Sheriff's Department. Both of these agencies knew that Cruz was a loon. BCS had been dispatched to his home some 39 times on domestics, and failed to arrest him in any of those times, one of which was when he held a firearm to someone's head. That's felony assault, and under FL law should have had a minimum sentence of 10 years. Not only that, an arrest for even a misdemeanor domestic assault is an automatic disqualifier in a NICS check. Had the Broward Co. Sheriff's Dept. done their job, he would not have been able to purchase a firearm.

The FBI is also fully culpable in this, as they were warned about Cruz twice, once by a man with a YouTube site last year, and once by a woman who apparently knew him, and reported his behavior and her concerns to the Miami office of the FBI in January of this year.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-02- ... hoot-place

Dana Loesch is exactly correct concerning the lack of effort by our government at all levels to protect us, and then trying to use the tragedy to take away the only means that we have to do so.

Edited to add:

It only gets worse. It seems that four of Broward's finest refused to enter the school when the Coral Springs PD did, even though BCS were first on scene. The cowardice, it burns.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-02- ... ldren-were
Last edited by Mike7.62 on Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hardcase
Silent But Deadly

Post by hardcase »

I would be curious how he and his co-workers are taking the incident. It wouldn't surprise me if he was found in a few months with a self-inflicted fatal wound.

I remember a famous quote--A coward dies a thousand deaths. A brave man only once.
hardcase
Silent But Deadly

Post by hardcase »

John A. wrote:Agreed.

Once he gets his big pension, he'll be moving to parts unknown, where he'll live out the rest of his life in obscurity.
I Certainly hope not. Learn all you can frm him. Mak him a lab rat.
Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dolomite_Supafly »

Looks like it was a lot more than just one standing around waiting on the killing to end.
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!
hardcase
Silent But Deadly

Post by hardcase »

I have been thinking about this more in the last few days in the context of a recent glossy magazine article about a police shooting involved in a vertical clearing incident. It seems like a shooting involving LE the cops end up to often holding the crappy end of the stick. If we were not so quick to blame police for a shooting we might get better protection.

I still think it would have been his duty to have gone in. In the years I worked as a Paramedic I took chances just because I was suppose to. It is what you are paid and trained to do. A person just has to zone into the task at hand, go on automatic pilot so to speak.

Maybe police departments need to run drills doing this type,of thing. Having a vest designed to stop a rifle round for duty officers at schools would do wonders for boosting courage.

The news seems to be shifting to much blame from the perpetrator to the cops.