Coward of Broward County

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

rebel
Silent But Deadly

Re: Coward of Broward County

Post by rebel »

renegade wrote:
Sharkbite wrote: Even your agency doesnt teach “Wait for SWAT” anymore. Go to the sound of gunfire is the standard response by all LE agencies today, has been for years. If there is no active shooting, cordon and search is the response, as soon as shots are heard...go to them and engage the shooter
It is what you do when you get there that seems to be the problem.

I note when George Hennard did his attack at Lubys, a single Texas DPS officer went in to get him and Hennard killed himself. This was years before Columbine.

There still seems to be a lot of hesitancy to go in, even though someone is getting shot about every 5 seconds or so.
I remember that shooting from back in the day. Just like today, doesn't seem like it was under tactical examination - just a nut. But as you said , not a lot of these incidents has happened. Of course this happened when i was one year old.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universit ... r_shooting
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
bearcatrp
Silent But Deadly

Post by bearcatrp »

I drove right by luby's a few minutes after it happened. That incident lit up the community for awhile.
Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dolomite_Supafly »

There is but one person to blame and that is the shooter. I do not believe anyone conspired to make or let this happen. I do believe there are a lot of people and companies who are now trying to push an agenda because of it, which is sickening. Just as quickly as the left is to try to exploit this we also have companies on the right trying to do the same. The NRA is a prime example as the benefit when there is turmoil without the gun community. The called for the banning of bumpstocks but I bet the latest mailers coming in are asking for donations to fight it. They will, no doubt, try to frame it as to garner more income and I have seen talk of an NRA money bomb to help them fight.

But with that being said there are a lot of people who are at least partially responsible for what has happened.

The first ones on the long list of those partially responsible are his parent(s). A child does not get to this point without being allowed to. We are seeing the ramifications in our society of parents not being parents. And I would be willing to bet his parents are like a lot of other parents who tried to be a friend before being a parent. As a parent you MUST prepare your child to be an adult and part of that is letting them fail. In the real world most people fail at something but when you coddle your child and tell him he is always a winner you are setting your adult child up for failure. And another part is disciplining you child. You do not have to beat your child to discipline them, all you have to do is tell them the consequences and stick to them. I did not beat my child but he knew that when I told him the consequences he knew those WERE the consequences. Something we have gotten away from is the fact it takes a village to raise a child. When I grew up ANY parent could and would get involved to keep me out of trouble but today if you try to save a child from themselves you will likely end up in a fist fight with the child's parents instead of getting a thank you.

I do believe law enforcement failed but they failed long before they failed to go in. It is coming out that there were plenty of times they should have intervened but did not. When you have people close to the shooter making calls begging for help, give them the help they think they need. This hits home for me because my meth head brother was threatening to kill people, my family included. I contacted my local sheriff who basically blew it off. I contacted my local ATF because my brother was not allowed to possess the firearms he had, they blew me off. Then three weeks later my brother tried to kill my family and I. Law enforcement has a very tough job these days but they need to at least make an effort to try to stop crimes that they have been warned about. But instead they make excuses why they cannot enforce the law or try to punish those who try to get them to do their jobs. The officer that did not go in is weak and should have never been an officer but donations got him the job from what I have read. And forget the fact he was an officer for a moment, most people would at least try to help children but he did not.

We keep hearing about mental health being an issue but it is not as big of an issue as we are lead to believe. We have always had crazy people doing crazy things and that will never change. The problem we do have is the drugs for "mental" conditions are being over prescribed and those drugs cause just as much of a problem as the underlying "mental" condition itself. Life sucks for most people on the planet but here in the US we are so spoiled that we think we have it bad. In comes the pharmaceutical companies with a little pill that they promise will make life suck less, it doesn't. Young children are diagnosed with a disease when they show signs of an active imagination and the parents are told they MUST give those kids prescription drugs to cure their active imaginations. Most of the mass shooters have been on a cocktail of these drugs prior to going on a shooting rampage. And I bet the shooter will also be on those same drugs or at least prescribed those drugs at some point. The pharmaceutical companies, and their urge to get richer, are the ones pushing people to believe there is a mental health crisis to sell more drugs. There are no more crazy people, just more diagnoses that require more prescription medications to treat them. We must not forget that the pharmaceutical companies are also the ones responsible for pushing, for profit, the drugs that has caused the opioid crisis that is killing hundreds every single day. We do have a problem but we do not have a mental health problem in the United States, we have a problem with corporate drug dealers whose only concern is profits from selling our kids dangerous drugs.
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!
bearcatrp
Silent But Deadly

Post by bearcatrp »

gds wrote:Gentleman. I ask out of respect of those that were murdered to please be careful with conspiracy theories.

I have read some online that are out in left field. Please be careful.

I am not saying we cannot speculate on some things, but let us not get stuck on stupid.
You guys thought I was nuts for saying they were told not to go in. Well,....... but I don't think it was for those reasons they are saying!!!!
http://dailycaller.com/2018/02/26/break ... -to-go-in/
Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

bearcatrp wrote:
gds wrote:Gentleman. I ask out of respect of those that were murdered to please be careful with conspiracy theories.

I have read some online that are out in left field. Please be careful.

I am not saying we cannot speculate on some things, but let us not get stuck on stupid.
You guys thought I was nuts for saying they were told not to go in. Well,....... but I don't think it was for those reasons they are saying!!!!
http://dailycaller.com/2018/02/26/break ... -to-go-in/
The dailycaller, the beacon of truth and fairness.

Fox news is nothing more than the conservative version of the liberal MSNBC, both fear monger and perpetuate hate.
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!
bearcatrp
Silent But Deadly

Post by bearcatrp »

So you trust Democrat controlled NBC, CBS and NBC. These three spew their democrat views the most. They have their nose so far up the Democrats arses that they don’t know where the Dems end and they begin. I’d trust Donald Duck before those three idiot networks!
Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

bearcatrp wrote:So you trust Democrat controlled NBC, CBS and NBC. These three spew their democrat views the most. They have their nose so far up the Democrats arses that they don’t know where the Dems end and they begin. I’d trust Donald Duck before those three idiot networks!
Never said I trusted any of those either. Just saying Fox is just as much of an agitator as MSNBC
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

Dolomite_Supafly wrote:
bearcatrp wrote:So you trust Democrat controlled NBC, CBS and NBC. These three spew their democrat views the most. They have their nose so far up the Democrats arses that they don’t know where the Dems end and they begin. I’d trust Donald Duck before those three idiot networks!
Never said I trusted any of those either. Just saying Fox is just as much of an agitator as MSNBC
Ain't that the truth.
But they irritate me a little less :|
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

the messed up part is CNN has broken several of these big effups by the sherriff's office.

this stand down thing - whoever gave that order needs to not only resign with no pension, but be charged with dereliction of duty and 17 counts of accessory after the fact.

and if there's a body camera rule - what the hell were those officers doing not wearing them in the first place? sounds like straight up CYA stuff to me.

the more we find out, the more this thing stinks. and this latest revelation is only going to make the false flag conspiracy theory's people even more vocal.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
golfindia
Silent But Deadly

Post by golfindia »

Go in, stand down.... This can be a discussion I suppose. However, to me, the single biggest problem that is not getting much attention is that the guy managed to just walk down the Street afterwards. Thats just mind boggling. Luckily he just decided to go to 7-11 afterward, but this could've easily turned out much worse.