Re: Snow in the South

Post by SwampDog_13 »

Central Virginia... isn't that practically New Jersey? :lol:
smustian
Silent But Deadly

Post by smustian »

SwampDog_13 wrote:Central Virginia... isn't that practically New Jersey? :lol:
Not where I live. I can see the Richmond City line from my front yard. You are thinking about Northern VA. That place might as well be Washington DC or part of Maryland with all the libtards that live there.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
Jim Timber
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jim Timber »

That boy needs a stiff drink! :lol:

We're supposed to get something like 14" early next week. I wonder what kind of crazy name they'll give the storm? I bet they call it "Tuesday." :P
https://squareup.com/market/SimpleThreadedDevices
https://www.facebook.com/SimpleThreadedDevices
bearcatrp
Silent But Deadly

Post by bearcatrp »

Was stationed in texas for 10 years. Snowed 3 of those 10 years. Ever watch a texan drive in the snow? Its comical! Another funny is when I was in boot camp in Oklahoma, we had a Hawaiian that never saw snow before. When it started snowing, he thought the sky was falling and freaked out. Had to calm him down and let him know this was normal.
hardcase
Silent But Deadly

Post by hardcase »

I had to clean this up a bit but the jist of the story is still there. This Diary page has been around a while but still applicable.

A SOUTHERNER MOVES NORTH

Dear Diary,

Dec 8: 5:00PM. It’s starting to snow. The first of the season and the first one we’ve seen in years. The wife and I took our hot buttered rums and sat by the picture window, watching the soft flakes drift down, clinging to the trees and covering the ground. It was beautiful!!

Dec 9: We awoke to a lovely blanket of Crystal white snow covering the landscape. What a fantastic sight. Every tree and shrub covered with a beautiful white mantle. I shoveled snow for the first time in years and loved it. I did both our driveway and the sidewalk. Later, a city snowplow came along and accidentally covered our driveway with compacted snow from the street. The driver smiled and waved. I waved back and shoveled it again.

Dec 10: It snowed an additional 5 inches last night and the temperature has dropped to around 11 degrees. Several limbs on the trees and shrubs snapped due to the weight of the snow. I shoveled our driveway again. Shortly afterwards, the snowplow came by and did his trick again. Much of the snow has turned brownish-gray.

Dec 11: Warmed up enough during the day to create some slush, which soon became ice when temperatures dropped again. Bought snow tires for both cars, fell on my can in the driveway. $145.00 for the chiropractor, but nothing was broken. More snow and ice expected.

Dec 12: Still cold. Sold wife’s car and bought a 4x4 in order to get her to work. Slid into a guardrail anyway and did considerable amount of damage to the right rear quarter panel. Had another 5 inches of the white @&* last night. Both vehicles covered in salt and crud. More shoveling in store for me today. That @%& snowplow came by twice today.

Dec 13: 2 degrees outside. More @%& snow. Not a tree or shrub on our property that hasn’t been damaged. Power was off most of the night. Tried to keep from freezing to death with a candle and kerosene heater, which tipped over and nearly burned the house down. I managed to put out the flames but suffered second-degree burns on my hands and lost all my eyelashes and eyebrows. Car slid on ice on the way to the emergency room and was totaled.

Dec 14: @%& @%& @%^& white @#& keeps on coming down. Have to put on all the clothes we own just to get to the @#% mailbox. If I ever catch the @%& that drives the snowplow I’ll kick his @$%&. I think he hides around the corner and waits for me to finish shoveling and then comes down the road about 100 mph and buries our driveway again. Power still off. Toilet frozen and part of the roof has started to cave in.

Dec 15: 8 @%& more @#&* of @$& snow and @%&* sleet and @$& ice and who knows what other kind of white @#& fell last night. I wounded the #@& snowplow @#%& with an ice ax, but he got away. Wife left me. Car won’t start. I think I’m going snow blind. I can’t move my toes. Haven’t seen the sun in weeks. More snow predicted. Wind chill factor –22 @%& degrees. @#%& this, I’m moving back to the South.