Remembering those less fortunate

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

rebel
Silent But Deadly

Remembering those less fortunate

Post by rebel »

This time of year generally doesn't bring me a ton of joy. I remember family and friends long gone. I see my kids, all grown up or very close to it and wonder where time went. It seems like just yesterday when I caught my very unmechanical father trying to put a bike together Christmas Eve, knowing then that Santa was a farce.
My area is no different than most places in the South, furniture and fabric were to us what coal is to WV and other states. It's gone and no industry has come back. Whole towns have all but died and many children and their parents will do good to have bologna for Christmas dinner. If you can, give something to someone less fortunate this holiday. This , in itself gives me joy as it should you.

Just a quick thought for this morning as I head off to work.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
BlogSarge
Silent But Deadly

Re: Remembering those less fortunate

Post by BlogSarge »

Amen Rebel!

We donate regularly to a local food bank.

At work I've taken to not giving too many trafffic tickets, but rather asking the motorist to consider making a donation to a food bank, toys for tots, or some othe organization like that. I give them my business card and ask if they would send me an email and let me know what they did. I get emails from maybe 10% of the people. But, the emails I get back are heart-warming and bring me joy.

Blessings to all!