I am not a mechanic.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

gds
Silent But Deadly

I am not a mechanic.

Post by gds »

I am not a mechanic. I have a mechanical mind. But unfortunately with automobiles I have less than good fortune on diagnosing. If someone else can tell me what is wrong I can usually change the part.

The day I returned from my mom's funeral back in December. On the way home from the airport I had the head gasket fail in my 2000 Ford Ranger.

I decided that since it would cost way more than the truck was worth to have a shop repair it. I decided to give it a shot. 16 to 20 hours total later. I removed and reinstalled the heads and all accompanying parts. No extra parts lying around either. :mrgreen:

Thankfully the heads where not warped and after doing some UV testing on them they were not cracked either. At least as far as my shade tree mechanic expertise could find.

Got here all put back together this afternoon. Started on the first key turn. :mrgreen: So far no coolant loss and truck runs.

I am getting too old for this. :lol:
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Re: I am not a mechanic.

Post by rebel »

Amen. I am a pretty good mechanic ( shadetree variety) and I don't have the back for it any more. Send it to dellet, He needs all the butthole customers he can stand :mrgreen:
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
gds
Silent But Deadly

Re: I am not a mechanic

Post by gds »

Enfoto wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:14 am I know theres other air heads here.
74 acvw standard. No engine, 2 chassis, 2 trans. Trade for parts. Sell it? . Would make a good Baja. Pm me
Man, are you new to,the internet or what?
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in