My accountant's son bought a "assault rifle"

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

hardcase
Silent But Deadly

My accountant's son bought a "assault rifle"

Post by hardcase »

I was at my accountant's office today. She admits to being afraid of guns, lives alone, and one of the crawl under the bed and call 911 types. Her 32 year old son, marginally into firearms, bought what she called an "assault rifle" before the election. His rational was that Hillary would be elected and if he didn't get it pre-election, he would not be able to buy one.

I suspect the gun business to hit a lull now that the firearm market is expected to be stable for a few years. This is assuming nothing drastic happens with the re-count.

I thought it pertinent that a non-gun person called it an "assault rifle". The left wing media is having an effect. This is in North Carolina where the gun laws are not really strict.

At least she doesn't have a no guns allowed sign on her door.
smustian
Silent But Deadly

Re: My accountant's son bought a "assault rifle"

Post by smustian »

hardcase wrote:I was at my accountant's office today. She admits to being afraid of guns, lives alone, and one of the crawl under the bed and call 911 types. Her 32 year old son, marginally into firearms, bought what she called an "assault rifle" before the election. His rational was that Hillary would be elected and if he didn't get it pre-election, he would not be able to buy one.

I suspect the gun business to hit a lull now that the firearm market is expected to be stable for a few years. This is assuming nothing drastic happens with the re-count.

I thought it pertinent that a non-gun person called it an "assault rifle". The left wing media is having an effect. This is in North Carolina where the gun laws are not really strict.

At least she doesn't have a no guns allowed sign on her door.
Even if she did, concealed is exactly that... concealed.
DoubleJ
Silent But Deadly

Post by DoubleJ »

And support is still that, support. Carrying concealed into anti gun establishments shows them that you must have that latte (or burrito) so bad that you'll fold on your principals. It can't always be avoided, but there's usually another option.
I do not reply to posts with horrific grammar errors.

I do not reply to posts concerning the case mouth dent.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

Like making your coffee at home and making your own breakfast.
There are no weapons signs all over the nation, even in the boonies. All movie theaters have them, some restaurants.
What smus is saying is concealed means just that and not flaunting it like some of these open carry bozo's do.
I would ask if the people that post such signs have enough liability insurance to take care of me or my family if I am hurt or killed in their establishment? I doubt it.
As said though, there are usually other options if one makes that choice.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
az-jim

Post by az-jim »

smustian wrote:
Yep

as·sault
əˈsôlt/
verb
make a physical attack on.
"he pleaded guilty to assaulting a police officer"
synonyms: attack, hit, strike, punch, beat up, thump;
noun
a physical attack.
"his imprisonment for an assault on the film director"
synonyms: battery, violence;

Every time I hear someone say "assault weapon" I remind them that assault is a behaviour, not a weapon. If everyone does it we can slow the lame stream media and thier nonsense / misguided information.
We need to stop asking "How stupid can you be?" Too many people see it as a challenge

NRA Life Member
AndyT
Senior Silent Operator

Post by AndyT »

I'm a Texas CPA and my son has a few rifles. I mean he's only two but still...
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

i dont think we'll go on too much of a lull... in fact i read that black friday background checks this year were an all time high.

seems folks are celebrating not having hillary in office, not so much as abandoning the brisk sales we've had throughout obummers admin.

time will tell if the trend continues though.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
hardcase
Silent But Deadly

Post by hardcase »

az-jim wrote:
smustian wrote:
Yep

as·sault
əˈsôlt/
verb
make a physical attack on.
"he pleaded guilty to assaulting a police officer"
synonyms: attack, hit, strike, punch, beat up, thump;
noun
a physical attack.
"his imprisonment for an assault on the film director"
synonyms: battery, violence;

Every time I hear someone say "assault weapon" I remind them that assault is a behaviour, not a weapon. If everyone does it we can slow the lame stream media and thier nonsense / misguided information.
Great point. I'll use this in future conversations.
Jim Timber
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jim Timber »

plant.one wrote:i dont think we'll go on too much of a lull... in fact i read that black friday background checks this year were an all time high.

seems folks are celebrating not having hillary in office, not so much as abandoning the brisk sales we've had throughout obummers admin.

time will tell if the trend continues though.
My sales went from "meh" in the first week of November to "Rock'n'Roll!" after the election. I'm not saying this as any kind of pulse on the industry, but I think there was concern from some that they'd be hiding their guns in a buried tube for 8 years, rather than buying more. Once the threat subsided, the gun addiction was free to resume.

How long this carries is anyone's guess. I think the liberal wankers with their antisocial reactions to losing the election(s) instilled even more faith in guns and the Bible. They claim they don't want guns in people's hands, and then go out and do stuff that makes people want to be armed. Every rioter and looter probably generates another 100 weapons transfers, lots of them are new gun owners too.
https://squareup.com/market/SimpleThreadedDevices
https://www.facebook.com/SimpleThreadedDevices
Gyrkin
Silent But Deadly

Post by Gyrkin »

rebel wrote:There are no weapons signs all over the nation, even in the boonies. All movie theaters have them, some restaurants.
Those signs are as rare as hens teeth here n Wyoming. If a business put one up, a week later they would be replacing it with a going out of business sign.