Any Glock Tinkerers Here?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

A-Game
Silent But Deadly

Re: Any Glock Tinkerers Here?

Post by A-Game »

http://www.glockmeister.com/Glockmeiste ... /GMDCG420/

The extra weight might be from the rod.

I bought a 3rd gen G17 and that is what I carry and the G43 single stack is my backup weapon. I had considered a 4th Gen G17 but considering there was nothing wrong with a single spring recoil system I figured why pay an extra 130.00. I have bear paws and prefer a full size handgun.
In the spring I am going to do some grip reduction surgery but it makes a really bad mess in the shop :lol:

5th gen will debut at Shot 2017. But really, unless you are marketing them for sale then who cares.
Industry Pro Staff for Dynamic Research Technologies When One Shot is All You Get www.drtammo.com https://www.facebook.com/drtammo/
Join the Revolution http://youtube.com/watch?v=3_Xnx3BFuLk
golfindia
Silent But Deadly

Post by golfindia »

If you really want to torture yourself with bottleneck cartridges get a 9x25 Dillon barrel.
Netpackrat
Silent But Deadly

Post by Netpackrat »

DoubleJ wrote:Net, not even sure what a G30 is, guy on GB said it was for a 21, but extended.
G30 is the compact, double stack .45ACP. Same frame as the G29 10mm. I know for a fact that the G29/G20 barrel dimensions in the lockup area (not just the length) are radically different; it wouldn't surprise me much if Glock did the same thing with the G30 as compared to the G21. I also know that extended length barrels are made for both the G29 and G30, so if the seller didn't know exactly what he had (or understand the difference) it would be easy enough for an extended barrel for one of the compact versions to be sold as a barrel for the full size model. Thus explaining all the metal removal you needed to do. Maybe put it next to your factory barrel and see if you can spot any other differences, like in the lower lugs.
I know the 10mm and 400 Cor Bon are just about the same thing ballistically, but I have this weird thing for bottlenecks that I can't explain. I own or have owned handguns in 17M2, 17HMR, 32NAA, 357 Sig, 5.7x28, and now 400CB. 22TCM9R is next.
What, no 7.62x25mm? You can even make the brass from 5.56, similar to what is done for Blackout. Just 10mm shorter and you have to ream the case neck.
DoubleJ
Silent But Deadly

Post by DoubleJ »

A-game, I got the Gen 4 for the interchangeable backstraps and the larger mag release button. Turns out I don't use any of the backstraps, so it's the same frame size as the Gen 3 SF anyway...that mag release button turns out to be what I paid for. Live and learn I suppose.

Golf, 9x25 Dillon barrel is on the list, I hear it's very loud. Can't wait.

Net, before I started playing around with my file I checked the locking lugs against the factory 21 barrel, identical to the eye. It's possible that the seller wasn't sure, I think it was just a barrel in a bag on a shelf from who knows when. He says it was manufactured by SGW, who I've come to find out was a company run or owned by a guy who was taught barrels by PO Ackley. Couldn't find much other information, and the only company still making barrels in this caliber is EFK, and they're pretty proud of them. Not sure if you can tell in the pic, but this barrel is way long, like an inch of it sticks out of the slide. Begging to be threaded, but I got no can that big.

Plenty of 7.62x25, but no Tokarev :(

I did find a slight difference in the barrels where the thingie locks up the to the doodad.

I do not reply to posts with horrific grammar errors.

I do not reply to posts concerning the case mouth dent.
Netpackrat
Silent But Deadly

Post by Netpackrat »

DoubleJ wrote: Plenty of 7.62x25, but no Tokarev :(
Me either. CZ-52. 8)
DoubleJ
Silent But Deadly

Post by DoubleJ »

Just loaded up some 155gr cast/coated boolits on top of 9.0 grains of W540, hopefully get to run them through a chronograph this weekend, wish me luck.

triggerman300
Senior Silent Operator

Post by triggerman300 »

I really like my G20. So far I've replaced the trigger springs,added a 5" Lone Wolf barrel and am up to a 24# recoil spring for my heavy loads.
DoubleJ
Silent But Deadly

Post by DoubleJ »

Finally got out and ran those handloads, they're wimpy. Enough unburned powder that my 10th round wouldn't chamber, I had to use a pen to pick a bunch of flakes out of the shoulder area, then it went bang fine.

All of my primer strikes are off-center though. I think the chamber needs to come up higher in the slide when everything goes into battery. Is that a thing? It also pulls hard left, almost off paper at 25 feet, but I think I can whack the rear sight over to fix that.

Walter300blk

Post by Walter300blk »

Well, this thread has a little age on it, but it's not ancient. Many moons ago, with the help of Peter Pi, prez of Cor Bon, I loaded and fired over 10k .400 CorBons. I used several manufacturers' barrels, and none needed any fitting. I was never able to get the 13-rd G21 mags to feed, but had success with Klintonista mags. Beware of setback!
ARx3

Post by ARx3 »

I shot .400 Cor Bon from my G-21 and G-30 when it was first intoduced in 1997. I had a Accu-Match barrel for my G-21 and a Bar-Sto for my G-30. I ran a Sprinco Recoil Reducer assembly in the G-30. Scroll down to the provided link to the Gen 4 area.
http://www.sprinco.com/recoil.html This might be what you're looking for.