Velcro gun safe holders

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

hardcase
Silent But Deadly

Velcro gun safe holders

Post by hardcase »

My gun safe is starting to get a bit crowded and I have wasted space between rows of long guns.

At some point in the past I saw an advertisement for a product that could help with my limits on space. There were multiples of what looked like 1/4" dowel rods with a piece of Velcro on one end. One end of the dowel went down the barrel. The long guns were stored vertical with the fuzzy end of the Velcro end of the dowel rod stuck up against the hook end of the Velcro that was glued with double face tape to a board horizontal placed high enough that all the gun barrels had enough room side by side and close together. When the time came to remove a gun just break the bond of the Velcro and remove the gun.

It looked like a great solution to get more guns in a safe besides using the traditional racks that come with the gun safe, I just can't find the product now. Anyone know?

Never mind. I found the product under gun safe storage :mrgreen:
JeffD

Re: Velcro gun safe holders

Post by JeffD »

Rifle Rods, I use them and love them.
TreeTopFlier
Silent But Deadly

Post by TreeTopFlier »

JeffD wrote:Rifle Rods, I use them and love them.
I see these in my future :mrgreen:
I build the #TTFPowderStand for the Lee Turret Press

http://www.youtube.com/user/TreeTopFlier
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

and here i was trying to figure out by reading the title exactly what kind of holder made a velcro gun safe.... well... safe :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
themonk
Senior Silent Operator

Post by themonk »

JeffD wrote:Rifle Rods, I use them and love them.
Awesome product. Make storing ARs much easier.
DutchV
Silent But Deadly

Post by DutchV »

It's these guys:

http://www.storemoreguns.com/collections/rifle-rods

Everyone I've heard talk about this likes them, so I'll probably get a set soon.
Making the bad man go away since 1982.
hardcase
Silent But Deadly

Post by hardcase »

I got the 20 rod set installed today in the long gun side of my safe. I'd say the set increases capacity by about one third. Well worth the money. I have always used the front portion to stand guns muzzle down on a rag after they have been cleaned for a couple days leaning them against other guns.

I could probably fidget with them to get a bit more space by arranging guns with scopes that tend to hog space.

I suppose the anti-gun folks would stroke at the idea of having 20 plus long guns not to mention handguns, suppressors and such. Some are inherited and all but one are shooters, it being a black powder double muzzle loading shotgun from my great-great grandfather that had homemade shot with newspaper wads in it when I received it. My grandmother didn't know it was still loaded. It is a fascinating gun with home made screws that each have their respective screw holes.