Eotech issues refund for all models ever sold

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

A-Game
Silent But Deadly

Eotech issues refund for all models ever sold

Post by A-Game »

http://soldiersystems.net/2015/12/16/il ... wsuit-com/

This is a couple weeks old but thought I would share.

It is a good lesson to keep your receipt records.
Industry Pro Staff for Dynamic Research Technologies When One Shot is All You Get www.drtammo.com https://www.facebook.com/drtammo/
Join the Revolution http://youtube.com/watch?v=3_Xnx3BFuLk
BlackLight
Senior Silent Operator

Re: Eotech issues refund for all models ever sold

Post by BlackLight »

I always keep records/receipts.. but in this case I won't need them since I'm happy with my Eotechs
Lefties are members of a suicide cult who want to compel your membership
Sig220
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sig220 »

I have been told/read that no receipts are necessary.

I have heard that the returns or overwhelming the USPS, who have had to rededicate trucks and people to handle the deliveries!!

I have carried a Eotech for a few years and no had a problem show up. If I were ever in the extreme conditions tested, I am sure I would, though.

I have not decided whether to return my or not. I need to find something to replace it if I do, though!

Happy New Year!
BoomerVF14
Silent But Deadly

Post by BoomerVF14 »

Not sure what to do yet. Thinking I'll take advantage of L-3's offer if I can - the last thing this country needs is another billion dollars in the hands of scumbag trial lawyers. That said, mine's working fine and I don't expect to use it in extreme temps, although the humidity gets pretty fierce where I live. Taking the wait & see approach.
golfindia
Silent But Deadly

Post by golfindia »

I got an RMA and sent mine back a few weeks ago. No receipt necessary. No response back yet.

I never had any trouble with mine, but no way am I going to keep something that expensive that basically has no value now. We all paid a premium for a product that does not perform as we were led to believe it would. That's a problem.
VENT625
Silent But Deadly

Post by VENT625 »

Reading some of the comments, sounds like they're giving gift cards......doesn't sound like much of a refund to me. "Send us your defunct product, we'll send you a gift card for another defunct product."
"Trust me...I know what I'm doing."

BoomerVF14
Silent But Deadly

Post by BoomerVF14 »

^My concerns exactly. L-3 is a massive company, so I don't expect EOTech to go out of business over this - meaning they will remain a "going concern" to support future products. And according to the original news report, it's a decade-old issue, so I am inclined to believe they have remedied the problem by now. So... I went ahead and sent in the return form. Fingers crossed, natch.
golfindia
Silent But Deadly

Post by golfindia »

The RMA says "EOtech will refund the purchase price plus $15 shipping as soon as possible"

Im don‘t expect "soon" to be antime soon, but gift certificate does not equal refund.

I expect that they will send cheques, which will probably have some additional fine print that absolves them from any further legal responsibility to you upon cashing. They will have to deal with a class action suit at some point I imagine, and they cant get rid of risk without your signature.
steven11b
Silent But Deadly

Post by steven11b »

I have been a eotech user in combat, civilian and LE duties. Sad to see this come out and that there is an obvious serious problem when no matter when it was manufactured, as in this year and they will refund your money. I have always defended the battery life comparisons and absolutley love the reticle! Now I feel as I have to return mine and look at some other optic.

They don't even say a certain lot or year range and to me that says that all of them are probaly effected.
Life is hard but its harder if your stupid-John Wayne
IMGrunt
Silent But Deadly

Post by IMGrunt »

What are folks recommending as a replacement purchase? I'm currently running an XPS2 300BO on a DD ISR 300BO. Light to medium use for hunting and target shooting in cold temps. I just submitted my refund request and I'm leary to spend an additional $200 on a T-2 replacement; but I will if it's the best choice. Options (Not based on brand love-fest safe rifle but actual usage)? Thanks in advance.
"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion." -- Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army