Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

ploptoken
Silent Operator

Re: Eotech issues refund for all models ever sold

Post by ploptoken »

RAPR wrote:
RAPR wrote: I plan to respond to their email with the below:

----
Looks like Eotech is gonna make me stay stuck with the G33 magnifier. They responded to my email listed above with the below response:

"The refund offer is not a recall and is totally voluntary. EOTech will not authorize separate magnifiers as part of this offer."

It also looks like they have now updated their Return Authorization page, since my original submission, to add a separate section for 'request for refund' and now make a statement about the separately sold magnifiers not being eligible. <a class="vglnk" href="http://www.eotechinc.com/return-authori ... quest-form" rel="nofollow"><span>http</span><span>://</span><span>www</span><span>.</span><span>eotechinc</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>return</span><span>-</span><span>authorization</span><span>-</span><span>request</span><span>-</span><span>form</span></a>

The new format doesn't even give you a option to indicate if you purchased the "EXPS2-2 with G33.STS Magnifier" configuration and wanted to return the entire package for a refund. It does not have the same drop down as previous. It only has you list the items separately, so how would Eotech know if you bought them together or separate now?

Thoughts from anyone?
Can the magnifier be used in combination with another optic?
Have you thought about selling it off to recoup some of the money you spent on it?
Beer is the savior of society.
RAPR
Silent But Deadly

Post by RAPR »

The concept of a magnifier is only really a good option for the Eotech type design, due to the aiming dot technically being sub-MOA. At zero magnification, it just looks like 1 MOA size. However, when you magnify it, the dot only grows to approximately a true 1 MOA size so the aiming dot does not grow as much as the target does under magnification. This is not the same with any other red dot optic technology. For regular red dots if the dot covers a person face at 200 yards, under magnification is will still cover the face. The Eotech on the other hand will cover their face at zero magnification, but under magnification it will only cover their nose.

Therefore, I have no desire to ever use it with another type of optic. Yes I have thought about selling it off on ebay, but I will obviously take a fiancial hit in comparison to what was originally paid. I never would have bought a magnifier if I never bought the Eotech, and I certainly never would have bought the Eotech if they would not have lied about their product.

I am submitted another 'Return Authorization' through their website, now that the new format allows you to list multiple items within 1 submission unlike previously. I will see if I can fly this one under the radar, if they haven't already marked my serial number with a red flag.
Alex Wilson
Silent But Deadly

Post by Alex Wilson »

Find what combos you can return. Buy the cheapest one you can find on Amazon. Buy from Amazon though, not a vendor. Send in a refund request for the combo. If they don't accept it, return the Amazon item. All you're out is the shipping back to Amazon. Not the most ethical thing to do but if you HAVE to return your magnifier.

If it were me, I'd sell the magnifier on eBay or armslist. Hell put it on an Aimpoint.

I get that you're mad but Eotech has no problems identified with thier magnifiers. You chose to return your optic too under a refund policy. It sucks but there are ways around it
RAPR
Silent But Deadly

Post by RAPR »

Alex Wilson wrote:Find what combos you can return. Buy the cheapest one you can find on Amazon. Buy from Amazon though, not a vendor. Send in a refund request for the combo. If they don't accept it, return the Amazon item. All you're out is the shipping back to Amazon. Not the most ethical thing to do but if you HAVE to return your magnifier.

If it were me, I'd sell the magnifier on eBay or armslist. Hell put it on an Aimpoint.

I get that you're mad but Eotech has no problems identified with thier magnifiers. You chose to return your optic too under a refund policy. It sucks but there are ways around it
thank you for your input. I will see if they will accept my second submission through the new refund format. If it gets turned down, then I'll see about getting ebay savy. I haven't really sold anything on those sites, only made purchases.
RAPR
Silent But Deadly

Post by RAPR »

Looks like my revised submission got rejected too...oh well I tried. Ebay here I come.

------
Dear Customer,
We are unable to approve your refund request because individual magnifiers, MRDS product, and aftermarket accessories are not offered in the voluntary refund offer. Please resubmit your request with HWS product only.
------
Alex Wilson
Silent But Deadly

Post by Alex Wilson »

RAPR wrote:Looks like my revised submission got rejected too...oh well I tried. Ebay here I come.

------
Dear Customer,
We are unable to approve your refund request because individual magnifiers, MRDS product, and aftermarket accessories are not offered in the voluntary refund offer. Please resubmit your request with HWS product only.
------
I'd put it on armslist first. No fees. Face to face. eBay will take fees. Gunbroker is another cheaper option too.

On a side note, anyone receive a check yet? I've sent two optics back. 2 different shipments. Haven't heard anything from them.
steven11b
Silent But Deadly

Post by steven11b »

Has anyone heard news about the refund checks?
Life is hard but its harder if your stupid-John Wayne
Alex Wilson
Silent But Deadly

Post by Alex Wilson »

steven11b wrote:Has anyone heard news about the refund checks?
There's not a lot of info out there on people actually getting checks yet. I did a Twitter search and ran across 1 person who posted some pictures of the checks. That's good news at least. I figured 6-8 weeks from receiving my optic. The biggest problem I have is the complete lack of process from Eotech. They send you an email saying you can return it. No info after that of acknowledging receipt, "expect a check in this timeframe", ect. I sent them $1500 worth of product. The lack of customer service involved here has really turned me off from Eotech. How hard is it to send an auto email when scanning my MCO into thier system saying, "we received your optic, please give us 6-8 weeks to process your return". That would go a long way.

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1052705558104571
dtom29
Silent But Deadly

Post by dtom29 »

So, let me get this straight... EoTech offers a refund to anyone that ever bought on optic from them. No questions asked. Most of you guys have had no problem with your EoTechs but are sending them back anyway. Now you're bitching because you have to wait on the check and they aren't holding your hand while you wait. :roll: . Just for information ; most EoTech owners are NOT asking for a refund....
This was said in a most gentle voice, with a smile on my face...so Rebel doesn't think I'm being anything but respectful.

Alex, Customer service? You are no longer a customer. You don't own any of their products. If you want the refund the odds of you ever being a customer again are very long. They did something they ddn't have to do. They have already gone out of their way for their "customers"
darr3239
Silent But Deadly

Post by darr3239 »

dtom29 wrote:If you want the refund the odds of you ever being a customer again are very long
Not necessarily. Some may be sending in their sights in order to upgrade to a different model, once they receive the rebate.
"We, the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln