New chapter ........

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

rebel
Silent But Deadly

New chapter ........

Post by rebel »

Life has been interesting this last 50 years. Lots of changes and just when things are grand, life throws you a curve. You adapt, and deal with it or you do something to change it. We humans don't like change much, but at times it's for the best. My job of 22 plus years has become unbearable. I'm not going to go on and on about it because soon it I will leave it like a smelly bathroom. A business was offered to me and a friend to own. Reasonable terms were set to buy the inventory, and the original owner has been a fantastic mentor, helped us find and pick up inventory, and introduced us to folks he has had business relationships for 35 years. A little back history, the gentleman that he had sold it to two years ago had run it in the ground and he legally repossessed the business from him. 5 weeks later the man died of natural causes and I won't say what was found in the gun safe upon being opened. So a good time to buy, inventory was low, established business, loyal customer base but some had not been seen in a while because there wasn't much to buy. I decided to tell you all today since my FFL has been approved. I bought my local gun store. It's a small shop, caters mostly to reloaders and shooters. Business has picked up and we are doing in two weeks what was previously on the books as two months. If you find yourself in western NC look me up.
Give the secret 300 Blk hand shake and you get 10% off 8)
I'll post some pics of my new venture as inventory builds back up. I now understand powder shortages at stores much better, the distributors shelves are a little bare. 22 ammo trickles and is snatched up, 22 mag is unobtainium here, and right now nada on pistol powder. 2 cases of Unique lasted 2 weeks because I only put out 5 at a time. I have 3 left. The first gun I sold as a dealer was an AR -yesterday 8) I will work both jobs, 6 days a week until a salary can be realized from the store. After a month it's getting there but I am tired. Wish me luck guys!
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
20X11
Silent But Deadly

Re: New chapter ........

Post by 20X11 »

I hope to look you up someday. Best of luck with your new venture.
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

Congratulations!

It takes a special mindset (or lack of) to buy yourself a job, or sell yourself into slavery. As a small business owner you've done both :lol:

I wish you luck sir
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
thumpher80
Silent Operator

Post by thumpher80 »

Congrats!! I wish I was closer. When I come back I'll definitely look you up. Dream come true. I'll pass the word to my coworkers in that area. Good luck!
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

Hey there is a really good blackoutbrass supplier down in south carolina, maybe you should see about stocking some of his stuff. I think his name is aaron. :twisted:
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
danner
Silent But Deadly

Post by danner »

Last edited by danner on Sat May 09, 2015 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Someone who is ruled by the "discretion" of another is, to that extent, a slave.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

"Hey there is a really good blackoutbrass supplier down in south carolina, maybe you should see about stocking some of his stuff. I think his name is aaron. :twisted:"
NO WAY! :lol: :lol: :lol: My partner is the model of customer service. I have watched him patiently listen to diatribe after diatribe and still tell the guy to come back to see us after he bought nothing. He has been there for 4 years, saw the good and bad times, and one hell of a tough young man.
Guest762
Silent But Deadly

Post by Guest762 »

gds wrote:Hey there is a really good blackoutbrass supplier down in south carolina, maybe you should see about stocking some of his stuff. I think his name is aaron. :twisted:
Call up fury and he can supply powder. :lol:
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

Guest762 wrote:
gds wrote:Hey there is a really good blackoutbrass supplier down in south carolina, maybe you should see about stocking some of his stuff. I think his name is aaron. :twisted:
Call up fury and he can supply powder. :lol:
Yeah that's what I should do, and pass the savings on ........ :lol:
jwb47
Silent But Deadly

Post by jwb47 »

congratulations . I wish you good fortune and success in your new endeavor.