In case anyone was wondering..

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

turboface20
Senior Silent Operator

In case anyone was wondering..

Post by turboface20 »

Troy hk style buis sights are excellent.
I was having trouble with my magpul front sight. (I ordered it online and pretty sure it was a cheap Chinese knock off) but any way.. I ran out of elevation with it so I left my rear magpul on and put my troy flip up front on and did not even have to make any adjustments. I can fill up a 4" bullseye at 100 yards and rarely hit out side of the bullseye. Even with my less than stellar eye sight with no glasses and shooting tulammo (which I've never had a problem out of with 1000's of rounds between my friends and I. But isn't the most accurate 223 ammo in the world. Not to mention I'm Sure all of you guys are probably a better shot than I am.

But is the magpul rear sight with troy front sight compatible? Especially since I already spent 50$ on the rear and really have other things I can spend money on vs 100$ rear troy sight.
The verdict: yes. Absolutely.

In case anyone else is stingy and is debating about getting the troy front sight and doesn't wanna cough up the dough to buy the set all at once.
Tell me I'm an idiot if you wish. Haha
certifiable
Silent But Deadly

Re: In case anyone was wondering..

Post by certifiable »

Troy hk style front sights are all I run on my railed guns and like the circle within a circle sight picture they provide. For a rear sight, I like the Matech and run them on my 556 & 300BLK ARs, have one inbound for the Tavor as well.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.
If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."

Abraham Lincoln
MMA10mm
Silent But Deadly

Post by MMA10mm »

If you are satisfied with the accuracy you're getting, of course they are compatible. Sounds like they are working together fine for you.

Running the factory iron sights on my Sig 556, I'm getting 2" groups, and for the life of me, I don't know how. My eyes are getting bad (got bifocals 2 years ago), and when I look through those irons, the front post looks a good 3-5 MOA across. I just focus on the front post tip, put it in the middle of the blurry silohuette target (I use 1/2-man-sized targets at 100yds) and squeeze. (The Sig does have a fantastic trigger.) Somehow the bullets group better than I can see. One of these days I'll put a scope on it and see what it can really do, but they just don't look right to me on a battle rifle.
turboface20
Senior Silent Operator

Post by turboface20 »

I didn't really shoot for accuracy. Just standing supported. As long as I hit the target with reasonable accuracy I'm happy. Would be interesting to put her in a sled and see the groups.. I love the hk/ ak style sights. I know they may not be the most accurate sights in the world but hey, I'm not the best shooter out there either. Plus they're fast fast fast to acquire!!
idaho.jon
Silent But Deadly

Post by idaho.jon »

I like my troy micro folders with the dioptic rear. Little spendy but they shoot great. Very similar to the hk style but a v shape in a diamond instead of circle in circle.
OnyxATX

Post by OnyxATX »

I would say you're good! I've got a setup with a Troy front and Magpul rear.... works great.

However, I don't really support Troy now after some things have come out over the past year. (Google is ok, I don't care to explain it.)

A mentioned, it depends a lot on what people want out of irons. For me, irons are a "Oh S*** BATTERIES!" thing. If I can hit where needed inside of 100 yards, irons are are perfect. I've got a buddy however that shoots irons at 300-400 regularly. He can use irons better than anyone I've seen using 9x glass.
turboface20
Senior Silent Operator

Post by turboface20 »

i personally dislike red dot sights. i have a vortex strikefire im trying to get rid of. . its either irons or a scope for me.