companion for my Blackout

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Pointnpull
Silent But Deadly

companion for my Blackout

Post by Pointnpull »

Been wanting one of these for a long time, Springfield Armory M-1AImage

I've got the stock off right now, refinishing it. Factory left a couple of rough areas, and I wanted to get a better finish on it. Sanded it starting with 320, then to 600, finished with 1000, have 4th coat of Teak oil on it right now, will go and rub it down in about an hour. This is the Standard, but will eventually put a Match trigger group and rear sight on it.
Last edited by Pointnpull on Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
gds
Silent But Deadly

Re: companion for my Blackout

Post by gds »

I won't lie. i would love a M1A or even better a real M14 :mrgreen:
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
Pointnpull
Silent But Deadly

Post by Pointnpull »

Shot it this past weekend. Surprised at how low the recoil was, it wasn't much more than my Blackout, and a lot less than my .308 bolt gun. I also picked up a Mosin Nagant 91/30 a couple of weeks ago, what the heck, it was cheap. I have in mind to some day have a Garand, M-1 carbine, and 1903 Springfield. Then build a .5.56 upper for the AR, and I'll have all the 20th Century US service rifles. The Mosin actually qualifies as a US service rifle, it was used for a short while during the early 1900's.
Desert scrub
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Desert scrub »

Pointnpull wrote:Shot it this past weekend. Surprised at how low the recoil was, it wasn't much more than my Blackout, and a lot less than my .308 bolt gun. I also picked up a Mosin Nagant 91/30 a couple of weeks ago, what the heck, it was cheap. I have in mind to some day have a Garand, M-1 carbine, and 1903 Springfield. Then build a .5.56 upper for the AR, and I'll have all the 20th Century US service rifles. The Mosin actually qualifies as a US service rifle, it was used for a short while during the early 1900's.
Careful there, you are about to start feeding a serious addiction.
I'm afraid I'm gonna make your list grow a little if you want 20th century service rifles. You forgot a few
1917 enfield
1903a3
Johnson rifle
30-40krag

Good luck finding a Johnson.

Nice M1a you picked up. I always loved shooting them growing up and still have no idea why undone own one.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

ive had the pleasure of firing a national match heavily customized M1A owned by a friend. amazing rifle and as noted basically no recoil. That said the mods he had made the rifle excessively heavy for my tastes, and my sh!tty eyes dont work well with iron sights so it took some of the fun out of it.

i ended up with a LR308 instead.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
randyrucker
Silent But Deadly

Post by randyrucker »

I expected a picture of a dog or something. :lol:
Hardrockshot
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hardrockshot »

If you are looking Grand or the 1903 go find a CMP club and get signed up. You will be amazed at the cost of some of the equipment.
De inimical non loquaris male, sed cogites
certifiable
Silent But Deadly

Post by certifiable »

Also lovin the M1A
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.
If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."

Abraham Lincoln
ScottB70
Silent But Deadly

Post by ScottB70 »

Beautiful stock.
FirefighterCT
Silent But Deadly

Post by FirefighterCT »

nice rifles! I am hoping to receive my C&R within the next month... like I need another avenue to spend money on guns :mrgreen: