Home invasion in the country

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

mcinfantry
Senior Silent Operator

Re: Home invasion in the country

Post by mcinfantry »

what i am trying to figure out is exactly how legalizing drugs would fix this? if drugs were legal they would get a legitimate job and buy them? why not get a job and illegally buy them?
talonxracer
Silent But Deadly

Post by talonxracer »

Legalizing pot would put a huge crimp in organized crime profits, the smokers would grow their own and eventually the commercial growers would legitamize their operations so regulations could be put in place for taxation and commercial sales controls. The blackmarket illegal pot is not as profitable as the rest of the drug trade due to it's high bulk to profit margin. The other drugs like meth, cocaine, heroin are all manufactured, compact size per $ of profit and are highly addictive and very devastating to society, these are what law enforcement should be focusing their attentions upon.
I took an Oath to preserve protect and defend the Constitution, I never took an oath to defend the Govt!!!
mcinfantry
Senior Silent Operator

Post by mcinfantry »

the people that steal to support their habit would decline?
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

I don't really like to argue to legalize drugs as it will reduce certain problems. Regardless of problems drugs cause, drugs should not be illegal. The govt has no right to tell you that you cannot put something into your body. It makes no sense if you believe in liberty.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

Agree. Legalize, refuse healthcare if tested positive, let the dumbasses O.D. or die of hep c or AIDS and that will thin the herd. It's like when I see an idiot driving, eventually he's gonna kill himself and others, I have to stay diligent so it ain't me. If this sounds rather hardassed, watch Nat. Geographic one night and see how ol' ma nature works.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
mcinfantry
Senior Silent Operator

Post by mcinfantry »

300Blk wrote:I don't really like to argue to legalize drugs as it will reduce certain problems. Regardless of problems drugs cause, drugs should not be illegal. The govt has no right to tell you that you cannot put something into your body. It makes no sense if you believe in liberty.
i support all of them being legal. i think we as a society are preventing survival of the fittest. Im only pointing out to the people who insist on legalization to reduce crime, that I personally dont think it will make a huge difference in crime. it may make a difference in who is in jail, but a guy smoking pot isnt braking in my home. a guy who has to get money to BUY pot is.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

Well I think we all know that pot doesn't drive this type of crime. It does cause southern border madness but not tweaky. wild eyed desperados lookin' to get their next fix. We are talking about lazy no accounts who's mama and daddy didn't kick ass. In any case, since I started this, I might add that a nosler 125 bt, with 17 gr. of w296 will expand nicely through 12 inches of meat and bone. Good medicine for peckerweeds as discussed.
VENT625
Silent But Deadly

Post by VENT625 »

Now flip that coin over. You legalize drugs and now you have dealers hanging out in front of high schools and middle schools selling to your children. And while Johnny Pimpo is doping up your 15 yo daughter, he's prostituting her out. And he aint doping her up on pot. Working in LE, I can say hookers dont smoke pot. They use meth, cocaine, heroin, the hard stuff. You want that for your kids? I dont.

Legalizing isnt go to do a thing. In Colorado, marijuana dispensaries popped up all over the place when it was legalized medicinally. Guess how many of those dispensaries have been robbed? Now its legal for use, theyre still getting robbed. On 4/20 they had a pot party downtown in front of the capital building. During the party, a shooting broke out with several shot.

Legal or illegal, its still gonna bring trouble.
Last edited by VENT625 on Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Trust me...I know what I'm doing."

rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

And there you go. 'Cept anybody trying shit with my daughter. Sweep out my cell boys. legal or not, I'm medieval when it comes to my kids.
talonxracer
Silent But Deadly

Post by talonxracer »

VENT625 wrote:Now flip that coin over. You legalize drugs and now you have dealers hanging out in front of high schools and middle schools selling to your children. And while Johnny Pimpo is doping up your 15 yo daughter, he's prostituting her out. And he aint doping her up on pot. Working in LE, I can say hookers dont smoke pot. They use meth, cocaine, heroin, the hard stuff. You want that for your kids? I dont.

Legalizing isnt go to do a thing. In Colorado, marijuana dispensaries popped up all over the place when it was legalized medicainally. Guess how many of those dispensaries have been robbed? Now its legal for use, theyre still getting robbed. On 4/20 they had a pot party downtown in front of the capital building. During the party, a shooting broke out with several shot.

Legal or illegal, its still gonna bring trouble.
No more trouble than any bar in a city, plenty of shootings every weekend by drunk assholes, far more drunkards shooting each other up than stoners, alcohol is a drug and a very potent one, Every bad thing you describe about pot was very evident during probation and the temperance era movement. And as soon as it was repealed the violence went away as organized crime lost any profit when alcohol became legal again.
I took an Oath to preserve protect and defend the Constitution, I never took an oath to defend the Govt!!!