Remington 700 SPS Tactical/ AAC-SD anyone have one

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Blind Squirrel

Re: Remington 700 SPS Tactical/ AAC-SD anyone have one

Post by Blind Squirrel »

As an extension to "shootertom's" statement about the SPS having a 1:10 twist: Remington is also making the SPS in 300 BLK with a 1:7 twist which seems much better suited to the range of ammo available (especially the .220 subs). Same specs other than ROT, and both cost the same (around $600) but the 1:7 is harder to find.
hugegator
Silent Operator

Post by hugegator »

I got one last week and have only shot it once so far (60 rounds). I was very impressed with the accuracy and trigger. The stock I am "meh" about and ordered a Blackhawk cheek piece to help the cheekweld some. I want to work up a few loads for it before putting my can on it.

I'm an average Joe shooter and I am very happy with it.
shootertom
Silent But Deadly

Post by shootertom »

I should correct myself. I was thinking about the .308 having the 1:10 twist. I meant to post that the remingtion will have a 1:7 in the 300 blackout rifle. Sorry folks! :oops:
nolwark76
Silent But Deadly

Post by nolwark76 »

Both the 300 BLK and .308 in Rem 700 would be awesome! If you want a REAL shooter in .308 you should look at the Rem 700 5R. It's not on any of their sites. I don't know why. I hate things like this but it's like you have to be cool enough to know about them to find one.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =289644017 It's a little expensive but holy crap can these things shoot. I have one in 300 WM in an AICS. Had a little custom work done to it and this thing way out shoots me. Now they are offering them with a threaded barrel? If I didn't just drop $1000 for a 9" AAC upper, I'd buy this one in a heart beat. The 300 WM is a little much for casual plinking. I've got a range where I can get out to a mile but I only get out there once a year or so. Carrying an 80lb steel plate sucks and we have to walk about a quarter mile down hill where we can't get a vehicle into for that kind of distance.

You can not go wrong with this 5R. Read up on it. I still don't know why Remington treats these things like Area 51. It's their logo on the box, obviously a Rem 700 but it's not on their website, even LE, and I called them up about it and they had no idea what I was talking about. Really?
Krisw

Post by Krisw »

I've seen the 5R rifles for sale online. Way more than I want to spend. Plus I like the bbl length being shorter. Works good in my box stand.
shootertom
Silent But Deadly

Post by shootertom »

I agree, I'm have a 5r 300 wm cut down to 20 or 21" so it will be more fit for a suppressor.